"If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate" : is this a good way to answer people asking for help ?

• 38% (16)
  • 33% (14)
  • 29% (12)
Total voters: 42

I recommend an edit. If you don't know MQL4/5...

Am I the only one finding this way to answer is not nice ?

My goal is not to bother WHRoeder who is using this sentence quite often, but just to improve the forum, to be a nicer place. So I would like community opinion.

Thanks.

Mohammad Hossein Sadeghi:
I recommend an edit. If you don't know MQL4/5...

I reproduce the last version used by WHRoeder.

Previously it was : "You couldn't be bothered to learn MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate".

Alain Verleyen:

Am I the only one finding this way to answer is not nice ?

My goal is not to bother WHRoeder who is using this sentence quite often, but just to improve the forum, to be a nicer place. So I would like community opinion.

Thanks.

I don't want to leave the poll topic, but the forum, by the way, is being used as an elementary school, that maybe the reason WHRoeder is using the phrase often. Topic posters might do a search before posting, or even read documentation first...

I'd say there is no a single answer to your question, Alain, because it depends from context. The phrase presented in the title as is sounds a bit rude. I'd not use such wording. But since the phrase is taken from explanation for the point number 2 of whroeder1's list of suggestions ("learn to code it"), it makes sense. Can be rephrased something like "learn to code if you can afford it and have a will to do it".

In the general context of MQL5 community the phrase "If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate" is of course incorrect. There are a lot of customers here which have no need to learn MQL yet have full rights for communcation.

As I sidenote I'd say that the copy-and-paste similar answers (apparently from a template) from whroeder1 looks like an autoreply from the forum, and it would be great to see more specific and individual approach in answers for specific questions.

Alain Verleyen:

I reproduce the last version used by WHRoeder.

Previously it was : "You couldn't be bothered to learn MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate".

That wasn't the last, I already told you I modified it per your insistence.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

money is answer 
https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Granted Mr grumpy does lack the Verducci charm.

That said in context the sentence used strictly speaking is correct.  Most times people just want their problem fixed, and are not interrested in the why and how behind it. And therefor there simply is no common language. 

An improvement to the forum would be to put an end to these kind of topics. Freelance is the correct place for these topics. Not forum.

Interesting poll.

I think whoever is answering this way is showing some tough love which is very effective . Regardless of the tone ,the message is conveyed.
Personally , if i feel like bearing down on someone i just dont answer to his/her thread.Maybe thats the underlying subject of your poll :)

Humor : if someone receives such an answer , he'll get mad and his rage will fuel further studying of the programming language :D

Lorentzos Roussos: : if someone receives such an answer , he'll get mad and his rage will fuel further studying of the programming language :D

Exactly. My terse remarks have resulted in many posters putting in some effort and learning. And some have posted that they are grateful that they were forced to study. E.g.

Reason: