trash keyword?

I can't find anything about the keyword "trash" that keeps popping up in my intellisense when I start typing "true". Anyone know why this is showing as an MQL keyword and what is its purpose?

It tells you that your code is a trash :)

nicholishen: I can't find anything about the keyword "trash" that keeps popping up in my intellisense when I start typing "true". Anyone know why this is showing as an MQL keyword and what is its purpose?

Congratulations on finding an MQL Easter Egg!

PS! This actually compiles:

void OnTick()
{
   trash;
}

Fernando Carreiro:
Congratulations on finding an MQL Easter Egg!

Yeah, I suppose the only ones that would find are the ones that tweak "List names after..." to less than three chars, but it's really annoying knowing that it does nothing because now I have to type three chars instead of two for "true". :-p

This is a rudimentary (obsolete) keyword, which have been planned for use in the following way:

void MyFunc(int val) trash
{
  Print("Val: ",val);
}

This should have obfuscate the function.

Lately this became senseless with new improved protection in MQL5.

Currently it does nothing.

nicholishen: Yeah, I suppose the only ones that would find are the ones that tweak "List names after..." to less than three chars, but it's really annoying knowing that it does nothing because now I have to type three chars instead of two. :-p
For me, it only appears after the third character on intellisense when I type "tra". It does not appear if I only type "tr".

Stanislav Korotky:

This is a rudimentary (obsolete) keyword, which have been planned for use in the following way:

This should have obfuscate the function.

Lately this became senseless with new protection in MQL5.

Thanks! It seems you have some "insider knowledge" on the subject!

Fernando Carreiro:
Thanks! It seems you have some "insider knowledge" on the subject!

Yes. The name of this knowledge is Russian forum ;-).

Stanislav Korotky: Yes. The name of this knowledge is Russian forum ;-).
I guess in future, I should start doing searches on the Russian section as well!

Fernando Carreiro:
I guess in future, I should start doing a searches on the Russian section as well!

You're welcome (though I'm not sure the automatic translation is good enough). Actually, I did know that I have read about the trash already.

Stanislav Korotky:

You're welcome (though I'm not sure the automatic translation is good enough). Actually, I did know that I have read about the trash already.

It's good enough to read (great lines, not subtleties) but searching is not easy, so you have to know what to read :-)
Reason: