"Ask offset" and "Bid offset" What are they + how can they be used with EURUSD?

davefx: Thread title is self explaitory.

Are you referring to latency compensation offsets for Arbitrage strategies, or are you just asking about standard Ask/Bid price quotes?

Fernando Carreiro:
Are you referring to latency compensation offsets for Arbitrage strategies, or are you just asking about standard Ask/Bid price quotes?

Are you referring to latency compensation offsets for Arbitrage strategies

^^This.

Thanks.

davefx:

Are you referring to latency compensation offsets for Arbitrage strategies

^^This.

Thanks.

Then Google is your friend! How do you think, I came up with the question?

davefx: !@$#% (very insulting word, was removed here)

So, you wanted me to go to all the trouble of scouring all the Google searches, and compiling a summary in order to teach you about it?

Is that what you wanted?

I'm no errand boy! If that is what you want, then just go the Freelance section and open up a Job request. I am sure there will be many takers!

Fernando Carreiro:
Then Google is your friend! How do you think, I came up with the question?

What's the point to refer to Google ?

I would suggest : Answer the question if you know, otherwise don't. It will avoid any frustration, on both side.

Alain Verleyen: What's the point to refer to Google? I would suggest : Answer the question if you know, otherwise don't. It will avoid any frustration, on both side.

Because the OP placed a question specifically about two parameters of a slightly obscure DAX Arbitrage strategy that he obviously found on the Internet (because there was only a few hits), otherwise he would never have heard about those terms.

Yet, he decided NOT to clarify his question or explain how he came about those terms, deliberately obscuring the question, and requiring that who ever answered would need to do a search in order to understand what he was trying to ask.

So, I answered with exactly the same level of deliberate obscuring and lack of clarification. I was not about to do all the leg-work he was hoping someone would do for him, if is unwilling to do it himself.

I did not in anyway, insult him or break any of the rules!

Fernando Carreiro:

Because the OP placed a question specifically about two parameters of a slightly obscure DAX Arbitrage strategy that he obviously found on the Internet (because there was only a few hits), otherwise he would never have heard about those terms.

Yet, he decided NOT to clarify his question or explain how he came about those terms, deliberately obscuring the question, and requiring that who ever answered would need to do a search in order to understand what he was trying to ask.

So, I answered with exactly the same level of deliberate obscuring and lack of clarification. I was not about to do all the leg-work he was hoping someone would do for him, if is unwilling to do it himself.

I did not in anyway, insult him or break any of the rules!

I know, but from my experience you will get quickly tired if you want to explain normal human behaviour to all these guys. So my suggestion to avoid them.

Alain Verleyen:
I know, but from my experience you will get quickly tired if you want to explain normal human behaviour to all these guys. So my suggestion to avoid them.
OK! Suggestion accepted!
Reason: