Invalid EX5 file (8) - MT5/MQL5 BUG

Hi,

anyone an Idea? There is no additional information from MT5 and the project compiles without any errors or warnings in strict-mode. This buggy platform is really starting to annoy me, every day I find something new. 

Another one is: "Pure virtual function call", this I get in the MT4 version under a specific circumtance, of course also no additional information, and the debugger is just stopping and not leading me to the root of the problem. But MT4 is dead, since MQ is not willing to fix bugs anymore (I bother them since 9 months with videos and source code where I´ve been proven bugs, and the answer was: "The behaviour is as it is, MT4 is not editable". Great stuff!)

If your not happy with it you can always write your own terminal.

I am convinced you can do that Doerk.

Doerk Hilger: anyone an Idea? There is no additional information from MT5 and the project compiles without any errors or warnings in strict-mode. This buggy platform is really starting to annoy me, every day I find something new.

That has happen to me before on MT4 as well. The solution, was to shutdown and restart the machine!

PS! Also, one time the solution was to copy the text over to a new file and recompile. Since then, I have also used an external editor to strip away trailing white space.

Fernando Carreiro:

That has happen to me before on MT4 as well. The solution, was to shutdown and restart the machine!

PS! Also, one time the solution was to copy the text over to a new file and recompile. Since then, I have also used an external editor to strip away trailing white space.

No 1 - already done, no difference

No 2 ... uhm which one :D ... but anyway the files have just been replaced anyway by a sync application

Marco vd Heijden:

If your not happy with it you can always write your own terminal.

I am convinced you can do that Doerk.

I am sorry to see that you obviously have a bad day. Good luck and all the best for you ;)

Doerk Hilger: No 2 ... uhm which one :D

Probably the most most recent ones you worked on before the problem surfaced.

You could also use an external utility to strip away all trailing white space on all those files in one batch (backup them up first).

Fernando Carreiro:

Probably the most most recent ones you worked on before the problem surfaced.

You could also use an external utility to strip away all trailing white space on all those files in one batch (backup them up first).

Will try that. Next step is removing the new macros. Thank you.

Doerk Hilger:

I am sorry to see that you obviously have a bad day. Good luck and all the best for you ;)

I am not having a bad day and i was being serious.

With your experience i am sure you can do better then the available.

When are you going to decide to stop using it if it isn't satisfying your needs ?

Marco vd Heijden: I am not having a bad day and i was being serious.With your experience i am sure you can do better then the available.When are you going to decide stop using it if it isn't satisfying your needs ?

I am sure there are many of us who have thought of doing just that and develop our own Trading Software, but there is just to much "red tape" and costs involved to get such a solution connected to the Brokers in general.

PS! If only there was an official MetaQuotes Server API, then it would be much simpler.

Fernando Carreiro:

I am sure there are many of us who have thought of doing just that and develop our own Trading Software, but there is just to much "red tape" and costs involved to get such a solution connected to the Brokers in general.

PS! If only there was an official MetaQuotes Server API, then it would be much simpler.

I we would collect the best developers here, I am sure we could. But for one person its simply too much work. Dont underestimate the graphical part with charts and all that drawing stuff, all the indicators, the data-sycn and last but not least the API. But what I already think about is replacing the chart-drawing. This XOR drawing (SetRop2) instead of mixing colors (and non-flexible scaling) drives me crazy ... you always have colors on the chart that you never wanted.  

Can anyone recommend a good C# wrapper for MT5?

Reason: