MT5 Offline Chart and MT4 Multi-threading optimization.

I know that the 2 above is not able now.

I am making an ea that must use offline chart and the ea will work more better if there are multi-agent optimization abled.

But the function "offline chart" is in MT4.

And the function "multi cpu agents" is in MT5.

"You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

I want to have it and eat it.. ^^ in one terminal.

Shin Joo Young:

I know that the 2 above is not able now.

I am making an ea that must use offline chart and the ea will work more better if there are multi-agent optimization abled.

But the function "offline chart" is in MT4.

And the function "multi cpu agents" is in MT5.

"You can't have your cake and eat it, too."

I want to have it and eat it.. ^^ in one terminal.

Your option is MT5. Multi-agent optimization is provided by MT5. An offline chart is just a result of work of some algorithm, so just move it into your EA and use internal buffers/arrays where you initially use prices.

Shin Joo Young: I know that the 2 above is not able now. I am making an ea that must use offline chart and the ea will work more better if there are multi-agent optimization abled. But the function "offline chart" is in MT4. And the function "multi cpu agents" is in MT5. "You can't have your cake and eat it, too." I want to have it and eat it.. ^^ in one terminal.

Something similar to Offline Charts was recently added to MT5, so read : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211641

However, Stanislav Korotky is absolutely correct - you should just embed the logic into the main EA, as that will also make back-testing much easier as well as allow for using the EA on MetaQuotes Virtual Hosting Service.

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1640: Creating and testing custom symbols
New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1640: Creating and testing custom symbols
  • www.mql5.com
New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1640: Creating and testing custom symbols MetaTrader 5 platform update is to be released on July 21, 2017...

Fernando Carreiro:

Something similar to Offline Charts was recently added to MT5, so read : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211641

I'm not sure that EA can operate online on a custom symbol.

Stanislav Korotky: I'm not sure that EA can operate online on a custom symbol.
That is why I stated "Something similar to Offline Charts" and why I also seconded your opinion of embedded the code in the main EA.

Fernando Carreiro:
That is why I stated "Something similar to Offline Charts" and why I also seconded your opinion of embedded the code in the main EA.

Probably I'm wrong and EA can work on custom charts? If not, MQ could implement real order execution from custom charts and this would solve the problem. Did someone already create such feature request?

Stanislav Korotky: Probably I'm wrong and EA can work on custom charts? If not, MQ could implement real order execution from custom charts and this would solve the problem. Did someone already create such feature request?

You are are correct in assuming that "active trading" is still not possible on "Custom Symbol Charts"! The current official build of MT5, only supports Back-testing on those charts, but not live trading yet, as stated in the link I provided:

More possibilities will be available in future platform versions
The development of custom symbols has not completed yet, and more functions will be added in the next builds of the platform. You will be able to import history to custom symbols straight from Expert Advisors, as well as broadcast data (add quotes) of such symbols in real time
Reason: