What are the variables that can be built in an indicator?

I want to learn MQL programming language but I don't know what are the variables that are in indicators. Do they only use price? Are there any other variables that can be calculated along with price?

FarrisFahad: I want to learn MQL programming language but I don't know what are the variables that are in indicators. Do they only use price? Are there any other variables that can be calculated along with price?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Account Management

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.09.09 08:47

I think you should first concentrate on learning the basics of the language, its structure, its syntax, code layout and readability, etc.

Then learn about the various functions that are available, how they work and how to use them properly.

The code you provided, will not even compile, because you are basically mixing apples, oranges, tomatoes, carrots, and anything else that fits in the basket.

For example, the OrderSelect() function is for selecting a particular Order either by Index or by Ticket Number. It does not by itself return the number of Orders of a certain type.

So, before you even think about "professional account management", first you need to learn the language, by reading the documentation and researching the example code in the CodeBase.

If you want or prefer, you can even get yourself a good book and follow it from start to end:

Reason: