Advice for novice freelancer

Hello,

Please give me an advice how to get orders in freelance when I'm newbie. I applied to more than 50 jobs but nobody picks me. 

I'm perfectly capable of creating very advanced, error free EAs and indicators, but since I'm new here and I have 0 jobs finished nobody picks me for their job. :(

Any advice?

I hope the members of the forum will share experience for example.

Sergey Golubev:
I hope the members of the forum will share experience for example.

Yes, it's e delicate subject, but I'm sure there are nice people who want to share their experience.

I too second the request and would be interested in the answers, but I suspect that it really is a question of luck.

I say this, because the way that developers are listed by the site, which always gives priority to those Developers that have the largest number of Jobs primarily (and then by Ratings and nothing else). In my opinion, the way the list is ordered, seems unfair, and I would rather see a randomly ordered list as been more fair to all developers. As it is now, it just gives "more" to those that have been active the longest and already have "too much on their plate". Unfortunately, I don't see MetaQuotes ever changing that.

The reviews that customers give are quite irrelevant in my opinion, because the customers obviously (due to lack of coding skills) are not qualified to know what is quality work and what is not. They base their decision on "false" expectations of what they think is good and what is not. That however, will never change, because that is how the world works, and we just have to accept that.

Fernando Carreiro:

I too second the request and would be interested in the answers, but I suspect that it really is a question of luck.

I say this, because the way that developers are listed by the site, which always gives priority to those Developers that have the largest number of Jobs primarily (and then by Ratings and nothing else). In my opinion, the way the list is ordered, seems unfair, and I would rather see a randomly ordered list as been more fair to all developers. As it is now, it just gives "more" to those that have been active the longest and already have "too much on their plate". Unfortunately, I don't see MetaQuotes ever changing that.

The reviews that customers give are quite irrelevant in my opinion, because the customers obviously (due to lack of coding skills) are not qualified to know what is quality work and what is not. They base their decision on "false" expectations of what they think is good and what is not. That however, will never change, because that is how the world works, and we just have to accept that.

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately for me and many others you are right! Anyway, I would appreciate some advice how to bend the rules. If somebody recently had same brainstorm experience and find solution, please share. 

Valentin Mavrov:

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately for me and many others you are right! Anyway, I would appreciate some advice how to bend the rules. If somebody recently had same brainstorm experience and find solution, please share. 

I think Price is the decisive factor for most. I see developers with 100+ jobs done of wich 50% result in dispute. As Fernando points out Customers can for the most part rate only on deadline and communication.

Pay peanuts get monkeys is a phenomon not yet settled in the human kind.

[Edit]

As to advice. Maybe best to start with a low price to to build a reputation and client base. I am sure if you can make satisfied customers, customers will return, because they know what they will get. After you invested in solid rep, slowly raise you price.

[/Edit]

Enrique Dangeroux:

I think Price is the decisive factor for most. I see developers with 100+ jobs done of wich 50% result in dispute. As Fernando points out Customers can for the most part rate only on deadline and communication.

Pay peanuts get monkeys is a phenomon not yet settled in the human kind.

Good point! But still there is a minimum of 30$ and I suppose many applicants use this minimum. 

Valentin Mavrov:

Good point! But still there is a minimum of 30$ and I suppose many applicants use this minimum. 

Also good point. I was not aware of this. I must admit i am my own customer and developer, so have no experience dealing in the freelance section.

Enrique Dangeroux:

Also good point. I was not aware of this. I must admin i am my own customer and developer, so have no expierience dealing in the freelance section.

I'm also my own C and D but I find freelance challenging and I want to participate :)

Valentin Mavrov: Good point! But still there is a minimum of 30$ and I suppose many applicants use this minimum. 

Even when applying for jobs for only $30, the customers don't seem to have "any plan" on how to choose the best developer for the job. Most don't even "interview" each developer with some questions. The simply jump the gun and either accept the first developer to answer them or they just pick from a few on the top of the list.

They don't even consider how many jobs were overdue, or how many jobs the developer currently has in progress, or how many disputes were in favor of the customer or any other sensible filtering. They just look at the top of the list and are easily swayed by some "fantastic" promise the developer gives in his opening statement. I know this about the developers, because I have had the opportunity to see things from another users point of view and have looked at what these so-called "top" developers say and do when they respond to a job request.

Valentin Mavrov:

Please give me an advice how to get orders in freelance when I'm newbie. I applied to more than 50 jobs but nobody picks me. 

I'm perfectly capable of creating very advanced, error free EAs and indicators, but since I'm new here and I have 0 jobs finished nobody picks me for their job. :(

Any advice?

You can consider the following approach for the start. Monitor freelance section on what customers want, then implement their requests for free and publish in the Market or Codebase. Alternatively you can invent a product yourself. When you have a portfolio of products, this can attract users. At least, they may ask from time to time to customize your existing products and this will produce a traffic on your developer account.

Reason: