Advice for novice freelancer - page 2

Stanislav Korotky:

You can consider the following approach for the start. Monitor freelance section on what customers want, then implement their requests for free and publish in the Market or Codebase. Alternatively you can invent a product yourself. When you have a portfolio of products, this can attract users. At least, they may ask from time to time to customize your existing products and this will produce a traffic on your developer account.

Many thanks! I like that and I will do it... Of course any other suggestions are welcome.

and never agree to perform work that violates the authorship of other developers.

It's very sad that even on this site you can see orders for the decompilation of programs.
But even more disappointing are those who are ready to neglect morality and law.

Mikhail Dovbakh:

and never agree to perform work that violates the authorship of other developers.

It's very sad that even on this site you can see orders for the decompilation of programs.
But even more disappointing are those who are ready to neglect morality and law.

I learn that the hard way. Currently I'm banned from freelance. I applied to a job for decompiling but instead I offered the customer to write the logic from the beginning if he knows it of course. I lay down and in the morning I was banned.  :(

Valentin Mavrov:

I learn that the hard way. Currently I'm banned from freelance. I applied to a job for decompiling but instead I offered the customer to write the logic from the beginning if he knows it of course. I lay down and in the morning I was banned.  :(

It is ignorant to think customer with stolen code knows the logic.

Anyways. Good start!

Enrique Dangeroux:

It is ignorant to think customer with stolen code knows the logic.

Anyways. Good start!

That was so stupid of me I know... but I realized it after I did it... After all we are humans and we make mistakes. 

You can also start by making a flow chart here: http://draw.io

Because it's not only about the coder it's also about the details of the job itself.

draw.io - free flowchart maker and diagrams online
draw.io - free flowchart maker and diagrams online
  • draw.io
draw.io (formerly Diagramly) is free online diagram software. You can use it as a flowchart maker, network diagram software, to create UML online, as an ER diagram tool, to design database schema...
Reason: