Enable realtime subscription for VPS

Is it necessary to tick "Enable realtime signal subscription" when using a VPS? Because there seems to be some copying errors, since both the my terminal and the VPS copies the signal. If it's not necessary then how can I use the built in stop loss? "Stop if equity is less than x USD". Does the built in stop loss work when using a VPS?

Also what does "Synchronize positions without confirmation" mean more exactly?

You are having few questions.

------------------

about built in stop loss ... do you mean? in-built trailing stop?

It was reply from MetaQuotes:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Trailing stop on virtual server

Slava, 2016.06.28 16:59

No. Trailing stops are not supported by virtual hosting terminal

You can move your stop levels with EA only

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Before you proceed to study the trade functions of the platform, you must have a clear understanding of the basic terms: order, deal and position...

Some important information:

64-bit Metatrader only to use Virtual Hosting

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt5 VPS

Slava, 2016.06.28 16:25

It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting

2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

Ragnarill:

Is it necessary to tick "Enable realtime signal subscription" when using a VPS? Because there seems to be some copying errors, since both the my terminal and the VPS copies the signal. If it's not necessary then how can I use the built in stop loss? "Stop if equity is less than x USD". Does the built in stop loss work when using a VPS?

Yes, it is necessary. Because in case of MQL5 VPS (I am talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4 and MT5) - the copy of your Metatrader in VPS copies the signal.

Ragnarill:

Also what does "Synchronize positions without confirmation" mean more exactly?

1. Yes you need to tick: Enable real time subscription, when using a VPS.

2. The: Copying Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, means to copy the SL and TP levels of the original trading positions of the signal you are following. This option should be ticked when you are copying with a low slippage broker/server and the trading strategy isn't a scalping one.

3. Stop if equity is less than ... means that you will stop copying the signal if your equity/capital is less than the amount you put. This is a capital preservation option and you use it only if you want.

4. Synchronize positions without confirmation, means that the copying signal system will keep synchronize open positions (of the signal you are copying), even if they are closed by you manually or they hit SL and TP levels in your account/broker (when you use VPS that is).

About Synchronize positions without confirmation - 

----------------

How to Configure the Trading Platform to Use Signals:
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber#settings  

If the platform is working around the clock without constant external control (for example, runs on VPS), confirmation requests to perform synchronization are left unanswered and thus can prevent signals from being copied. When this option is enabled, synchronization is always performed automatically without the need for Subscriber's confirmation.

----------------

And read this small thread - 

Manually closed trades are again syncronized with Signal's opened positions
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172655#comment_4192743 

----------------

How to Subscribe to a Signal - Trading Signals and Copy Trading - MetaTrader 5 Help
How to Subscribe to a Signal - Trading Signals and Copy Trading - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
If you want to copy trading operations performed by a provider , you should subscribe to a signal. A weekly or monthly fee may be charged for the...

Eleni Anna Branou:

1. Yes you need to tick: Enable real time subscription, when using a VPS.

2. The: Copying Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, means to copy the SL and TP levels of the original trading positions of the signal you are following. This option should be ticked when you are copying with a low slippage broker/server and the trading strategy isn't a scalping one.

3. Stop if equity is less than ... means that you will stop copying the signal if your equity/capital is less than the amount you put. This is a capital preservation option and you use it only if you want.

4. Synchronize positions without confirmation, means that the copying signal system will keep synchronize open positions (of the signal you are copying), even if they are closed by you manually or they hit SL and TP levels in your account/broker (when you use VPS that is).

Thank you, this is the information I was looking for.

Reason: