Download MetaTrader 5

ICustom not loading - MQL5 - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Torinex:

Alain;

This is really very strange. Now, when running in Strategy Tester, the EA opens a new Indicator sub-window, on every tick...........

I have created an empty window indicator to avoid any calculation issues. Here it is attached.

The revised iCustom call is as follows:

The iCustom call is after the OnTick() call.
Place your iCustom() in OnInit() and declare you handle as a global variable.
Torinex
Torinex  
Alain Verleyen:
Place your iCustom() in OnInit() and declare you handle as a global variable.

Sorry - Now that you've explained it is pretty obvious. It was a silly question!!!

cheers

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Alain Verleyen:
Try to rename it "CustomCurrencyMeter" without a dot in the name.
That happens whenever there is a dot in the name other than the one before the extension - it has been reported to service desk long time ago ;(
danielsokolowsk
danielsokolowsk  

Since I updated to latest version (build 1643, not sure what I was on before) I can no longer reference custom indicators from a subfolder in my Experts directory for organizational reasons. That is my indicators live under `...\MQL5\Experts\DS_1MilNetWorthBy40\Indicators`. This worked before the update but now I get:

2017.09.08 23:31:46.418 DS_1MilNetWorthBy40-v52 (EURUSD,MN1) cannot load custom indicator '..\Experts\DS_1MilNetWorthBy40\Indicators\DS_EntryPatternA' [4802]

The interesting thing it is still working in Strategy Tester no problem, I only discovered this issue when I created a new verion of the expert and re-added it to the chart window (I think). How can I use iCustom to load up indicator from within the Expert directory, I'd hate to have to re-structure my folder layout. The below is the relevant code:

```

ArrayResize(aEntrySignalHandles,SymbolsTotal(false));

for (int i=0; i < SymbolsTotal(false); i++) {

if (StringFind(sTRADE_ENTERES_ALLOWED_SYMBOLS, SymbolName(i,false), 0) > -1) { 

aEntrySignalHandles[i] = iCustom(

SymbolName(i,false)

,_Period // irrelevant for our trend detector that is always on M1

,"..\\Experts\\DS_1MilNetWorthBy40\\Indicators\\" + EnumToString(iTRADE_ENTERES_SIGNAL)

);

// FIXME: if iCustom ever fails return and abort

if (INVALID_HANDLE == aEntrySignalHandles[i]) {

//Alert("`SymbolName(i,false)=" + SymbolName(i,false) + "`, `EnumToString(iTRADE_ENTERES_SIGNAL)=" + EnumToString(iTRADE_ENTERES_SIGNAL) + "`, `INVALID_HANDLE == aEntrySignalHandles[i]`");

Alert("=== OnInit(): error getting signal handle, `GetLastError()=" + GetLastError()  + "`" + "`, `ErrorDescription(_LastError)=" + ErrorDescription(_LastError) + "`");

return INVALID_HANDLE;

}  

}

}

```

danielsokolowsk
danielsokolowsk  

Attaching a screenshot of the EA working in Strategy Tester mode. 

Files:
To add comments, please log in or register