How can I add editable text labels to a chart?

I'm very new at MQL4 and still learning.

What I'd like to do is place several text labels at the top right at a certain position for the purpose of adding notations to a chart. This would be for tracking some of the more "fuzzy" variables in trading which are based upon opinion rather than calculation.

Hypothetical example: I might want to note a previous trend leading up to the London open as long, short, or flat. So I would label it "Trend 7am: " or something like that, then have a place to enter L, S, or F after I've decided which way the trend is going.

How could I create an indicator which would do something like that?

ForexTraderJohn:

I'm very new at MQL4 and still learning.

What I'd like to do is place several text labels at the top right at a certain position for the purpose of adding notations to a chart. This would be for tracking some of the more "fuzzy" variables in trading which are based upon opinion rather than calculation.

Hypothetical example: I might want to note a previous trend leading up to the London open as long, short, or flat. So I would label it "Trend 7am: " or something like that, then have a place to enter L, S, or F after I've decided which way the trend is going.

How could I create an indicator which would do something like that?

OBJ_LABEL

Label object.

If you want to enter your own values, not dependant on an EA or Indicator's calculation, use an OBJ_EDIT.

Reason: