.ex4 protection on VPS

hi friends,

Suppose I'm using my .ex4 file on VPS, and someone could steal my .ex4 file. what would be the best way to protect .ex4 file from these kind of issues? using the ACCOUNTNUMBER authentication in the code is the best and only way to protect it or you have some other ideas?

thanking in advance for your helpful guidance.

parham.trader: someone could steal my .ex4 file. what would be the best way to protect .ex4 file from these kind of issues? using the ACCOUNTNUMBER authentication in the code is the best and only way to protect it or you have some other ideas?
  1. Do you really think a VPS employee is going to risk his job to look for and track hundreds of EAs to find one that is profitable?
  2. If they take it and use it on their account, why do you care?
  3. A fixed account number in the code is simplest.
  4. A web request would be another. Hardly worth the trouble.

parham.trader:

hi friends,

Suppose I'm using my .ex4 file on VPS, and someone could steal my .ex4 file. what would be the best way to protect .ex4 file from these kind of issues? using the ACCOUNTNUMBER authentication in the code is the best and only way to protect it or you have some other ideas?

thanking in advance for your helpful guidance.

Check your vps account:

1. look whether there is (are) another user(s) with admin rights(!)  - delete this (these) user, of course except the administrator!
  2. change the administrators pwd!
  3. create a non-admin user that runs the EAs.

add 2.) Many vps-providers install their own admin user in case the (paying) user creates a mess!

whroeder1:
  1. Do you really think a VPS employee is going to risk his job to look for and track hundreds of EAs to find one that is profitable?

A lot of VPSs are administered by brokers. The last broker VPS I configured had software installed that gave the broker full back-door admin access. Could they easily login to my VPS (had I not uninstalled it)? yes.

Carl Schreiber:

Check your vps account:

1. look whether there is (are) another user(s) with admin rights(!)  - delete this (these) user, of course except the administrator!
  2. change the administrators pwd!
  3. create a non-admin user that runs the EAs.

add 2.) Many vps-providers install their own admin user in case the (paying) user creates a mess!

Thank you all for your kind help,

I'm not aware of the VPS configuration, instead I'm looking for a way to strengthen the protection level of my own .ex4 file by making some code in its mql source file, like using the account number authentication as I mentioned earlier and @whroeder1 confirmed.

But I was thinking of some other solutions in addition of using the account number authentication to improve my .ex4 file security level, so that even if in a rare condition that someone could have my .ex4 file, he can never use it.

whroeder1:

I'm not sure if you are kidding with your second comment or not!
you mean you don't care if someone just wake up in the morning and take your .ex4 file which you were working on it for some years and use it without your permission as easy as ABC!

If you don't care I'd appreciate if you send me ALL the EAs and Indicators you've written so far ! :-)

1. No I was not kidding. Why do you care? If someone uses it, how does it affect you? It doesn't.
  2. None I've written have been profitable, and I already posted one. Why is there NO Complete EA within the Code-Base? - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum (It has not been adjusted for Build 600+.) If you want the other 44, PM me.

parham.trader:
... instead I'm looking for a way to strengthen the protection level of my own .ex4 file by making some code in its mql source file ...

What if you code that if the account no. and account name.. don't match you program some parts that are systematically burning the money - if it's a real account ;)

Carl Schreiber:

What if you code that if the account no. and account name.. don't match you program some parts that are systematically burning the money - if it's a real account ;)

:))) !!

No I won't go for this outrageous solution ! I actually don't want to be that much cruel ! ;) 

Reason: