Graphical Interface, MQH Files and DLL libraries INFORMATION! Course ? Books ?

Hello to everyone, and thank you for your very generous contributions. I'd like to contribute too to your amazing community!

I have studied MQL4 book and doc a year ago in the website and I found it very amazing. Right now I'd like to take my skill to a new level.

I'd like to create custom graphical interfaces "GUI", custom panels and object that can move freely and do things like taking orders, showing specific info and managing risk...How to create and use mqh files?

I have a lot of questions like: What do DLL files do, are they necessary to make what I mentioned? What's MQH files all about ? They all seem like they're just bunch of classes!

I'm not sure whether learning C++ is necessary to be able to do what I want. This is why I'd like your help to point a newbie like me to understand all of this. It's like there is nothing on the internet about these things. Even in this website, there isn't enough info about these things!

Where to find a source for learning to code MQH files and GUI and DLL ? Is there any book, course...That teaches advanced MQL4 programming ?

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thank you very much :)

TomQL: I'd like to create custom graphical interfaces "GUI", custom panels and object that can move freely and do things like taking orders, showing specific info and managing risk...How to create and use mqh files?
  1. Study my GUI: Indicators: 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' Forum - Page 5
  2. No DLL needed.

Thank You william.

I opened the EA and I saw nothing on the chart. Only the name of the EA on the top right! What am I missing ?

TomQL:

Hello to everyone, and thank you for your very generous contributions. I'd like to contribute too to your amazing community!

I have studied MQL4 book and doc a year ago in the website and I found it very amazing. Right now I'd like to take my skill to a new level.

I'd like to create custom graphical interfaces "GUI", custom panels and object that can move freely and do things like taking orders, showing specific info and managing risk...How to create and use mqh files?

I have a lot of questions like: What do DLL files do, are they necessary to make what I mentioned? What's MQH files all about ? They all seem like they're just bunch of classes!

I'm not sure whether learning C++ is necessary to be able to do what I want. This is why I'd like your help to point a newbie like me to understand all of this. It's like there is nothing on the internet about these things. Even in this website, there isn't enough info about these things!

Where to find a source for learning to code MQH files and GUI and DLL ? Is there any book, course...That teaches advanced MQL4 programming ?

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thank you very much :)

There is a serie of dozens articles about GUI : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2125

It's mainly for mql5 but it should work with mql4 too (maybe need some adjsutements).

Graphical Interfaces I: Preparation of the Library Structure (Chapter 1)
Graphical Interfaces I: Preparation of the Library Structure (Chapter 1)
  • Anatoli Kazharski
  • www.mql5.com
This article is the beginning of another series concerning development of graphical interfaces. Currently, there is not a single code library that would allow quick and easy creation of high quality graphical interfaces within MQL applications. By that, I mean the graphical interfaces that we are used to in familiar operating systems.

Alain Verleyen:

There is a serie of dozens articles about GUI : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2125

It's mainly for mql5 but it should work with mql4 too (maybe need some adjsutements).

Thank you very much Alain.

I actually have read all those chapters this week but didn't understand much. I should give it another try!

Reason: