Why does MT5 not allow a trader to exit a trade on a staggered basis ?

I got a signal from my charts on Monday morning last to go long the EUR/USD currency pair, so I entered two trades (pending orders) on my MT5 account with Alpari taking the first profit at 26 pips from entry, and 52 pips from entry on the second trade. A few hours later the trades triggered, but I noticed from the trade details on the platform that the two amounts had been added together with only the second target stated. I contacted Alpari about this and they stated that the MT5 software adds two trades together, unlike MT4, if they are entered in the one direction and there is nothing they can do about it. Why doesn’t MT5 allow a trader to exit a trade on a staggered basis? Is there an amendment MQ can carry out to the software to enable this to happen? I don’t wish to go back to MT4 as Alpari are giving me ecn access to the market on their MT5 platform.    

kwaldron:

I got a signal from my charts on Monday morning last to go long the EUR/USD currency pair, so I entered two trades (pending orders) on my MT5 account with Alpari taking the first profit at 26 pips from entry, and 52 pips from entry on the second trade. A few hours later the trades triggered, but I noticed from the trade details on the platform that the two amounts had been added together with only the second target stated. I contacted Alpari about this and they stated that the MT5 software adds two trades together, unlike MT4, if they are entered in the one direction and there is nothing they can do about it. Why doesn’t MT5 allow a trader to exit a trade on a staggered basis? Is there an amendment MQ can carry out to the software to enable this to happen? I don’t wish to go back to MT4 as Alpari are giving me ecn access to the market on their MT5 platform.    

It's how MT5 is working. Don't expect any changes.

angevoyageur:

It's how MT5 is working. Don't expect any changes.

Thanks for your comment but I do not see why a change to MT5 software cannot be introduced by MetaQuotes to make it equal in functionality with MT4 in this respect.

kwaldron:

Thanks for your comment but I do not see why a change to MT5 software cannot be introduced by MetaQuotes to make it equal in functionality with MT4 in this respect.
I think mt5 id made to satisfy some org/gov rules. if you are not ok with it just go back to mt4.

kwaldron:

I think mt5 is made to satisfy some org/gov rules. if you are not ok with it just go back to mt4.

kwaldron:

If you come more than 3 years after MT5/mql5 was officially released, the minimal thing to do is to inform you. Your question has been discussed numerous times. I summed up the response from Metaquotes : no changes.

If you need more informations please do your own researches : MQL5.com Search - Quick, Easy and Convenient!

angevoyageur:

If you come more than 3 years after MT5/mql5 was officially released, the minimal thing to do is to inform you. Your question has been discussed numerous times. I summed up the response from Metaquotes : no changes.

If you need more informations please do your own researches : MQL5.com Search - Quick, Easy and Convenient!

As moderator at this forum, I do respect what you say. However, I do strongly feel that MetaQuotes should be in the business of improving their software. To this end, the programmers could easily add a piece of amending code telling MT5 to treat each order entered by a trader in one direction separately, and thereby make it equal in functionality with Mt4 in this respect. This amendment could be introduced via the next " Build" when the software is updated. I fail to see how such a straightforward amendment would interfere with anything else which MT5 does competently.

kwaldron:
As moderator at this forum, I do respect what you say. However, I do strongly feel that MetaQuotes should be in the business of improving their software. To this end, the programmers could easily add a piece of amending code telling MT5 to treat each order entered by a trader in one direction separately, and thereby make it equal in functionality with Mt4 in this respect. This amendment could be introduced via the next " Build" when the software is updated. I fail to see how such a straightforward amendment would interfere with anything else which MT5 does competently.
It's not so simple and not "straightforward" at all. The implications are huge and you underestimate them. Believe me, don't waste your time with such things. If you wish to understand, please do some researches on the forum as I suggested.

angevoyageur:
It's not so simple and not "straightforward" at all. The implications are huge and you underestimate them. Believe me, don't waste your time with such things. If you wish to understand, please do some researches on the forum as I suggested.
Okay, thanks for your help.
Reason: