Multiple account to copy single provider

Hi everyone,

I know that we can't subscribe more than one provider per account.

I want to ask whether it is possible if we have more than 3 slave accounts, and we wanted to subscribe a single signal provider?

Because everytime when i want to subscibe for another additional accounts, it asked me to confirm that my mt4 folder location but it cant be changed.

So, a single mt4 just can run one account at a time. I have installed the same broker platform in a different folder hoping that I could change the mt4 destination for the new account which im about to subscribe, but i cant.

Since i've been thinking that I want to subscribe all my account to a provider but set a different risk for each account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ghadaffi 

leonidasfx:

Since i've been thinking that I want to subscribe all my account to a provider but set a different risk for each account.

Ghadaffi, what you have been thinking, even with the best intentions, seems to be conflicting with the Signals Services Rule III.9: "You agree that You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the content of the Signals Service, unless You have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with MQL5 Ltd.".

figurelli:
Ghadaffi, what you have been thinking, even with the best intentions, seems to be conflicting with the Signals Services Rule III.9: "You agree that You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the content of the Signals Service, unless You have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with MQL5 Ltd.".
Thanks a lot for the reply. But may I know ehat is the purpose of the 'Subscibe More' button if I can only subcribe only 1 account of mine?

leonidasfx:
Thanks a lot for the reply. But may I know ehat is the purpose of the 'Subscibe More' button if I can only subcribe only 1 account of mine?
I think that you can subscribe to a signal as many times as you want but with different trading accounts. so if you have 5 trading accounts you can subscribe to a signal with these 5 accounts, but off course each trading account terminal is installed in a different folder. only, as pointed by Figurelli, you may have to be careful on not subscribing to a signal with one account and then use a trade copier to multiply the signals. It may be against the rules of the MQL5 community. 

Lanzo:
I think that you can subscribe to a signal as many times as you want but with different trading accounts. so if you have 5 trading accounts you can subscribe to a signal with these 5 accounts, but off course each trading account terminal is installed in a different folder. only, as pointed by Figurelli, you may have to be careful on not subscribing to a signal with one account and then use a trade copier to multiply the signals. It may be against the rules of the MQL5 community. 
I do agree about that, thanks for summarizing it very well.

Lanzo:

Thanks for the explanation Lanzo. I understand the guideline of not copying the trades. But all accounts that I intended to use to copy are my accounts. I want to set different % of amount copied for each account since they got different equity for each.

For an example, I use IronFX as a platform & I have 3 different account which I want to copy one provider signal. I open my IronFX mt4 and subscribe to a signal provider, it went well.

For the second account, i'm aware that i can't use multiple account in a single mt4 platform, so i installed another IronFX mt4 platform in a different folder.

When i tried to subscribe the second account with the same provider, I cant change the MT4 folder destination & it pointed to the same IronFX mt4 original folder where I subscribe for the first account. But in the provider signal page, there were two of my account subscribed to the provider. 

The second account only works when I login using the default mt4 folder. Can it be changed?

I also try to subscribe within the second mt4 which I planned to copy for the second account..it looks like subscribed, but no trades opened. 

leonidasfx:

Thanks for the explanation Lanzo. I understand the guideline of not copying the trades. But all accounts that I intended to use to copy are my accounts. I want to set different % of amount copied for each account since they got different equity for each.

Note, the rule is not just about copying the trades, but reproduce and duplicate, i.e., when you are copying a signal to several accounts, even if they are all yours, you are reproducing and duplicating them.

So, if you want to test 3 money management adjustments for a signal, you must have the 3 MT4 instances running, with 3 accounts, and 3 subscriptions to the same signal. If this is not working, this is really a problem to solve inside the rules that we must check the reason.

figurelli:

Note, the rule is not just about copying the trades, but reproduce and duplicate, i.e., when you are copying a signal to several accounts, even if they are all yours, you are reproducing and duplicating them.

So, if you want to test 3 money management adjustments for a signal, you must have the 3 MT4 instances running, with 3 accounts, and 3 subscriptions to the same signal. If this is not working, this is really a problem to solve inside the rules that we must check the reason.

Yes, I have tried for 2 accounts and its not working. I have 2 MT4 (same broker but installed on a different folder), 2 trading accounts, and each MT4 subscribe to the same signal.

But only works with the first MT4 & 1st subscription.

The second account doesn't open any trades, unless I logged into the 1st MT4.

I even create another mql5 community user ID for me to copy the signal for the second account, also didn't work.

leonidasfx:

Yes, I have tried for 2 accounts and its not working. I have 2 MT4 (same broker but installed on a different folder), 2 trading accounts, and each MT4 subscribe to the same signal.

But only works with the first MT4 & 1st subscription.

The second account doesn't open any trades, unless I logged into the 1st MT4.

I even create another mql5 community user ID for me to copy the signal for the second account, also didn't work.

I see, have you tried with the 2nd MT4 connect to another signal and/or another broker just to double check if it is not a problem with the MT4 copy?

I suggest you to do this to try to identify the root cause of your problem, because if this a problem with MT4 better address it to the MQL4.com forum.

figurelli:

??? Why would they care? Surely they are just protecting against people reselling the signal as their own....

bendex77:
??? Why would they care? Surely they are just protecting against people reselling the signal as their own....
For safety so we dont hurt our selves i guess...
Reason: