One MT4: MQL5 Signal + EA/own trading

Hi there,

I was wondering how to manage a single MT4 running with MQL5 Signal and my own trading/EA. 

Could I trade by myself in the same MT4? Are other orders (not connected to MQL5 Signal) manageable by Metatrader MT4 without issues? Could I run an EA in the same MT4 with MQL5 Signal running?

Thank you!!

Mat2trade

mat2trade:

Hi there,

I was wondering how to manage a single MT4 running with MQL5 Signal and my own trading/EA. 

Could I trade by myself in the same MT4? Are other orders (not connected to MQL5 Signal) manageable by Metatrader MT4 without issues? Could I run an EA in the same MT4 with MQL5 Signal running?

Thank you!!

Mat2trade

Yes, you can trade alongside your signal subscription, but its highly unadvisable because you will interfere with lot size calculation, since it has to do with your balance.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, you can trade alongside your signal subscription, but its highly unadvisable because you will interfere with lot size calculation, since it has to do with your balance.

Thank you! That's right because the calculation is made on Balance so having more trades will interfere with lot size calculation.. Why isn't possible to choose risk multiplier using balance or equity , fixed lot or lot multiplier the best one to have a suitable risk?

MQL5 force only 1 choice so you need to dedicate a single MT4 to a single Signal and you can't set your risk/money management...I'm quite surprised.

mat2trade:

Thank you! That's right because the calculation is made on Balance so having more trades will interfere with lot size calculation.. Why isn't possible to choose risk multiplier using balance or equity , fixed lot or lot multiplier the best one to have a suitable risk?

MQL5 force only 1 choice so you need to dedicate a single MT4 to a single Signal and you can't set your risk/money management...I'm quite surprised.

Many subscriber's accounts have been destroyed with lot multipliers. You can always lower your percentage in signal copying in signal settings of your MT platform.

Eleni Anna Branou:
Many subscriber's accounts have been destroyed with lot multipliers. You can always lower your percentage in signal copying in signal settings of your MT platform.

..even if lowering the percentuage is not not really effective with other EA/trades that are affecting the Balance. Lot Multiplier is for savvy traders , I agree with you but it should be available imho. Anyway, thank you for your replies.

Reason: