A coder or a programmer can understand fx market better - page 2

i thought no would win

Now to stay on topic here on what the poll asks, programming and understanding the market are two different things. Yes an mql4/5 coder must know the basics of forex but just because he is good at coding the language doesnt mean he also automatically understands the market better than the other trader and the reverse is also true. A guy who understands the market better wont necessarily make a good coder.

tonny:
Programming and understanding the market are two different things. Yes an mql4/5 coder must know the basics of forex but just because he is good at coding the language doesnt mean he is also automatically understands the market better than the other trader and the reverse is also true. A guy who understands the market better wont necessarily make a good coder.
tonny i agree but surprised to see more yes

Because put it this way; what about the platforms that don't have anything to code. Would it mean those who use them understand the market less because it has no coding involved and that those who use platforms like mt with coding stuff are better at trading? Answer is no. You can trade on a platform with stick man like display but still perform better than the other using a platform that uses 3d goggles if you are a good trader. Its like asking; Is a good eater the best cook? Or Is a good cook the best eater? Sorry for bad punctuation I was more of a sciences and mathematics guy.

Don't know if FX market, but it will bet around more easily with the MetaTrader platform. It is simpler for him to implement any strategy, EA etc. having the required programming skill to develop such application.

Reason: