Is it possible to limit ram usage by Mt4 instance?

Is it possible to limit ram usage by Mt4 instance? How can an user do it?

ANDIBELLO:
Is it possible to limit ram usage by Mt4 instance? How can an user do it?

Even if you could set such a limit, what would you expect to happen when the application limit gets hit?

Ex Ovo Omnia:

Even if you could set such a limit, what would you expect to happen when the application limit gets hit?

I expect it would be caching into page/swap file without getting unstable.

When my instance of MT4 hits around 850 MB usage it becomes unstable as on screenshot.

There is a plenty of free RAM  still available in Windows 8.1.

Does MT4 has upper limit of RAM usage where it becomes unstable or it is a bug of my indicators ?

You can contol the ram usage by these variables:

TERMINAL_MEMORY_PHYSICAL

Physical memory in the system, Mb

int

TERMINAL_MEMORY_TOTAL

Memory available to the process of the terminal , Mb

int

TERMINAL_MEMORY_AVAILABLE

Free memory of the terminal process, Mb

int

TERMINAL_MEMORY_USED

Memory used by the terminal , Mb

int

ANDIBELLO:

When my instance of MT4 hits around 850 MB usage it becomes unstable as on screenshot.

Does MT4 has upper limit of RAM usage where it becomes unstable or it is a bug of my indicators ?

Terminal should not become unstable due to bugs in pure MQL programs (unless they use DLL) - otherwise it'd crash all the time. If you believe that the instability is related to memory consumption this can be MT4 bug. You should write to the service desk. Please provide as much details as possible. Of course, MT should normally utilise swap caching and survive until harddisk is full.

ANDIBELLO:

Any application 32-bit can address 2GB on W32 or 4GB on W64. From my experience, the terminal crashes when hitting the 2GB even in the W64. It is including the swapped memory,

You cannot control the limit itself, all you can do is reducing the risk by setting the charts short and number of running ex4 low.

Reason: