Automated Trading - Is there hope?

Hello all,

I have been trading the Forex market for 4 years and I need automated trading strategies due to a change in my employment status (and I'm not a very profitable trader and need a change in direction.)

I am looking to find out if anyone has past/present experience or considering automated trading (not EA's) for the future.

Please, I am looking to visit and contribute to threads around this topic, does anyone know of any good threads here?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

Ian

My suggestion is don't try number of strategies frequently. Prepare a strong trading plan and stay with few trading strategies to check its effectiveness. Which trading software are you using?

If you ask me - frankly there is no hope in it. That money that you are going to buy it- invest it in your account and trade by yourself- am sure you will get better than depend on automated Trading.

Prepare a strong plan with effective strategies like proper SL & TP and start confidently- you will succeed. Good luck

irkyle1983:
Hello all, I have been trading the Forex market for 4 years and I need automated trading strategies due to a change in my employment status (and I'm not a very profitable trader and need a change in direction.) I am looking to find out if anyone has past/present experience or considering automated trading (not EA's) for the future. Please, I am looking to visit and contribute to threads around this topic, does anyone know of any good threads here? Thanks and looking forward to your replies. Ian

There are some automated traders and they making some profit as well. However, I did not try it so far. So not sure that it will help you to make profit or not.

I am into forex trading since 2007, i formulated many trading systems that are very good but human emotion always affect my decision, until i coded one of my systems to an EA which is free from human emotion, i now started making steady of 10% average every month in my account more than 18months now and am okay with it. Calculate this with compound interest you will know how am doing in trading.

It all depends on what kind of trader you are.

And as some have mentioned if you put too much emotion into your trading then you will have a very hard time monitoring an automated system which can trigger a nasty amount of negative trades and hold them open for a while before making a profit. Everyone always wants to close those negative trades quickly but sometimes they need to remain open. One of my favorite mantras for forex is: if your trading strategy is exciting then your losing money; never try to chase the market.

Paul75:
My suggestion is don't try number of strategies frequently. Prepare a strong trading plan and stay with few trading strategies to check its effectiveness. Which trading software are you using?

I agree with you here. This is really a good idea. I can sense you have been in the market for a long time now.

Depending on your experience with any robot you can make a hope for good profit . First test them on demo either they are profitable or reliable . You may test many times. And check paying robots that claim sure profits. I think many people like to trade with robots .they not work with their own strategy.

Automated Trading provides coverage of automated and algorithmic trading from both a technological.

Jack Francisco:
If you ask me - frankly there is no hope in it. That money that you are going to buy it- invest it in your account and trade by yourself- am sure you will get better than depend on automated Trading.Prepare a strong plan with effective strategies like proper SL & TP and start confidently- you will succeed. Good luck

I think so too!

trill:
I think so too!

That is it, we should try trading first on own and see how it goes!

Reason: