What are some good non lagging indicators to use for technical analysis?

I'm trying to find a good indicator(s) to use for daytrading. Most indicators I've seen out there are lagging indicators.

marywilson:
I'm trying to find a good indicator(s) to use for daytrading. Most indicators I've seen out there are lagging indicators.

The fact that they lag is completely irelevant. They either tell you what you want them to, or they dont, its that simple.

zupcon:
The fact that they lag is completely irelevant. They either tell you what you want them to, or they dont, its that simple.

Totally agree.

If an indicator wasn't lagging then trading would be easy. Thats why a lot use price action.

But there are many good looking indicators out there. You just have to take your pick and see which one works for you.

The best indicator I found for trading so far has been the price action real time trend indicator that is sold at mmindicator.com.. or u can get it cheap on ebay. How u trade with this indicator is your decision. you can either take high winning probabilty trades with it if you have patience and wait for the right setup, or you can be reckless. The idea is price usually comes back to the median trendline of this indicator eventually.

marywilson:

Hi Mary, most, if not all, indicators have lag, its the dynamic of using the math provided by price. There are some complex indicators that do close to real time though.

Try a Triple exponential MA, set at 28 on the 1 minute to give you an idea.

Use a Donchian Channel set to 21 on a 15 min or 4 hour time setting.

Remember to have a solid strategy tested over a period of time.

If you wish to be profitable, trading longer term time windows - say 4 hour chart and upward are normally your best bet.

Scalping is suicide in the long run.

I have 6 years experience.

I have developed my personal system using Bollinger bands which is v complex to learn but 99% accurate once you do.

If you are serious about trading , i will share it with you, however it will take a serious time investment to learn and familirise yourself with this systems ins and outs.

Good luck

you can also download the "1000 MT4 Indicators" and find the "zero lag MaCD" in there. it's not bad

Liquidreality:
Hi Mary, most, if not all, indicators have lag, its the dynamic of using the math provided by price. There are some complex indicators that do close to real time though.Try a Triple exponential MA, set at 28 on the 1 minute to give you an idea.Use a Donchian Channel set to 21 on a 15 min or 4 hour time setting.Remember to have a solid strategy tested over a period of time. If you wish to be profitable, trading longer term time windows - say 4 hour chart and upward are normally your best bet.Scalping is suicide in the long run.I have 6 years experience.I have developed my personal system using Bollinger bands which is v complex to learn but 99% accurate once you do.If you are serious about trading , i will share it with you, however it will take a serious time investment to learn and familirise yourself with this systems ins and outs.Good luck

Hey Liquidreality,

A system that is 99% accurate deserves all the seriousness and all the time investment.

Are you serious about sharing?

Regards,

Anastasio

I think all indicators are lagging. It is not possible to predict the future exactly and all indicators are based on historic price changes.

You need to avoid redrawing indicators.

marywilson:

Hi,

Dr. Dürschner has published a very newsworthy mathematical paper about moving averages with the least theoretically possible lag (Gleitende Durchschnitte 3.0 (Moving Averages 3.0) | vtad) in 2011.

An implementation of these 3rd. Generation Moving Averages can be downloaded for Metatrader 4 for free here:

Scientific-Trading.COM - Scientifically designed indicators and expert advisors

Hope this helps!

again the correct link: Scientific-Trading.COM - Scientifically designed indicators and expert advisors

scientific-trading.com/downloads.php

You have a good system? I wanted to try something with binary maybe.

Liquidreality:
Hi Mary, most, if not all, indicators have lag, its the dynamic of using the math provided by price. There are some complex indicators that do close to real time though.Try a Triple exponential MA, set at 28 on the 1 minute to give you an idea.Use a Donchian Channel set to 21 on a 15 min or 4 hour time setting.Remember to have a solid strategy tested over a period of time. If you wish to be profitable, trading longer term time windows - say 4 hour chart and upward are normally your best bet.Scalping is suicide in the long run.I have 6 years experience.I have developed my personal system using Bollinger bands which is v complex to learn but 99% accurate once you do.If you are serious about trading , i will share it with you, however it will take a serious time investment to learn and familirise yourself with this systems ins and outs.Good luck
Reason: