Strategy Trader Indicators

I will post indicators for Strategy Trader in this thread. Strategy Trader is FXCM's automated forex trading platform which you can use to automate your trading. The programming language for the Strategy Trader platform is C#.

The economic calendar indciator will post economic news announcements directly onto the chart along with the actual figure released. The indicator will display any economic events relevant to the currency pair displayed in the chart. For example if you are viewing USD/JPY, it will display economic releases relevant to the US and Japan. The indicator pulls data from the DailyFX economic calendar. See the image attachment for a screenshot of what it looks like.

This indicator will outline the candles occurring in the major forex trading sessions: New York, Tokyo, and London. This way you can easily tell which moves occurred during which sessions or which session we are currently in. Below is an example, and you can find the custom indicator and a screenshot of the indicator attached to the post.

For those of you familiar with Woodies CCI, you can now use it on the Strategy Trader platform. The indicator is found attached to this post.

This is a self-installing version of the Commitment of Traders Indicator for Strategy Trader. The indicator was created by David Rodriguez of DailyFX

Download the COTIndicator.zip file, unzip. Run the attached .exe file. Open Strategy Trader and the Strategy Trader editor. When prompted by the Editor, hit "okay" to import the "COTIndicator.fxd" file.

Once it has compiled correctly, open the "COTIndicator.fxw" file found in the default "MyWork" directory. If you installed Strategy Trader in the default location, this would be C:\Program Files\FXCM\Strategy Trader\MyWork .

All COT data is printed with the futures contract in mind. That is to say, Non Commercial and Commercial positioning on pairs such as the USDJPY and USDCHF are actually on JPYUSD and CHFUSD futures.

Supertrend indicator is based around average true range. Green indicates a bullish trend and red indicates a bearish trend. The indicator parameters let you set the atr length and multiplier.

Do MT4 indicators work on strategy trader?

DrArb3000:
Do MT4 indicators work on strategy trader?

Hi DrArb,

The MT4 indicators won't work on Strategy Trader since MT4 uses MQL coding language (which is proprietary to MetaTrader) and the Strategy Trader platform uses C# coding language (which is open source).

FXCM's programming team was previously taking free coding requests from traders (Strategy Coding Requests) but I believe it has been put on hold to catch up on pending requests already submitted. If there's a specific indicator you would like created for Strategy Trader, let me know and I can see if we would be able to create it.

-Jason

how to convert an indicator into a strategy?

Reason: