what am i doing wrong hi/low breakout ea?

hi everyone,just a quick question.downloaded scorpions ea hi/low breakout ea.tried it on various time frames and currency pairs and fiddled with all the settings.an alert window opens telling me to sell mainly but does not open a ticket. i can,t figure out why.using alpari mt4.is there something i should know?

1. You may not have enough money in account.

2. Your EA parameters may not be adjusted correctly

3. Perhaps the EA is not updated for 5-digit brokers (just a guess here)

thanks for your reply mechxtrader but i have tried all ends up but still can not get the ea to open an order.you may be on to something that ea is not updated for a 5 digit broker.the only one who could give me a definitive anser is scorpion but he is a busy person and i just hope he sees this post and is gracious enough to reply.thanks again frankie8613

frankie8613:
you may be on to something that ea is not updated for a 5 digit broker.

I would assme thats the case. If so, try changing the stop loss and take profit levels in the EA. Multiply them by 10.

Also take a look at the Experts and Journal tabs in metatrader to see if the EA is attempting to open trades, usually if there's a problem with stop or target, or position size it will return an error message.

Many EA's don't work, ones what I have looked at that do work are FAPTURBO, MEGADROID and the new IF CARLSBERG MADE EXPERT ADVISOR'S.

thanks zupcon,i put a couple of zeros on the tp+sl and now its opening trades .still fiddleing with time frames and pairs but its looking hopefull

Reason: