How to show Indicators in live chart?

Hi guys

I'm new in MQL5 and I started some weeks ago. I'm a little bit confused because I can see custom indicator in TesterMode but not in LiveChart...

Do anybody can explain me this?

THX

Simon

I am not sure that I understand sorry ... may be - someone will reply.

1531691:

Hi guys

I'm new in MQL5 and I started some weeks ago. I'm a little bit confused because I can see custom indicator in TesterMode but not in LiveChart...

Do anybody can explain me this?

THX

Simon

I guess you are talking about Indicators from the Market, which are available is a demo and can only be tested with Strategy Tester ?

If yes, what isn't clear ?

angevoyageur:

I guess you are talking about Indicators from the Market, which are available is a demo and can only be tested with Strategy Tester ?

If yes, what isn't clear ?

Ok... Let's say I take a TEMA, for Tester I can see him, but not for live Trading... Ist that right?

So If yes, how can I make it apear in live mode?

Thank you

1531691:

Ok... Let's say I take a TEMA, for Tester I can see him, but not for live Trading... Ist that right?

Did you buy it from the Market or just get  Demo ?  Demo works in the Strategy Tester ONLY . . .  if you pay for it from the Market it works in Live and Strategy Tester.  If it's FREE it works in Live and Strategy Tester.

1531691:

Thank you

TEMA is a standard indicator directly available in MT5. You only have to drag it to a chart.

Sorry but I don't understand your issue.

angevoyageur:

TEMA is a standard indicator directly available in MT5. You only have to drag it to a chart.

Sorry but I don't understand your issue.

I know that I can drag the indicator to the chart. My question is how I can display the indicator called by my EA in live mode?

How I understand from the other answers above, I have to buy a full version...

1531691:

I know that I can drag the indicator to the chart. My question is how I can display the indicator called by my EA in live mode?

you are not being particularly clear on your problem, but your answer is probably in one of these:

1) if the indicator is from the Market and DEMO it will only work in strategy tester not on a live chart

2) if the indicator is from Market and either FREE or you PAID then it should work fine on your live charts

3) If you are calling an indicator from inside an EA attached to a chart, then the EA will simply get the values from the indicator it does not display it. To display it you must attach the indicator separately to the chart in the normal way.

regards 

1531691:

Hello Simon, expert advisors can run independently of indicators being displayed on the chart. You can run an expert advisor, which will actually use the TEMA indicator, but you don't need to have the indicator itself attached to the chart! It's optional to have the indicator attached to the chart in live mode. So, the only thing you have to do is to drag both the indicator and the expert advisor to your chart. In this case the EA will run normally and you will be able to see the indicator.

This is what I understood from your question. Sorry if I understood it wrong.

Malacarne 

Malacarne:

Hello Simon, expert advisors can run independently of indicators being displayed on the chart. You can run an expert advisor, which will actually use the TEMA indicator, but you don't need to have the indicator itself attached to the chart! It's optional to have the indicator attached to the chart in live mode. So, the only thing you have to do is to drag both the indicator and the expert advisor to your chart. In this case the EA will run normally and you will be able to see the indicator.

This is what I understood from your question. Sorry if I understood it wrong.

Malacarne 

Hi Malacarne

Thank you. You understood well. My issue was exactly this.

The problem I'm running in is that my EA calls the MA's, but the period is calculated from the EA, so the MA periods are changing and they are depending on the market. Your answer means that I have to adapt my indicators manually and drag it to the chart. Is there any possibility to display it without draging to the chart. Maybe it sounds very stupied, but for me it is essential that my EA can change the periods of MA's and display them automatically. Are there any chances?

Thank you

1531691:

Hi Malacarne

Thank you. You understood well. My issue was exactly this.

The problem I'm running in is that my EA calls the MA's, but the period is calculated from the EA, so the MA periods are changing and they are depending on the market. Your answer means that I have to adapt my indicators manually and drag it to the chart. Is there any possibility to display it without draging to the chart. Maybe it sounds very stupied, but for me it is essential that my EA can change the periods of MA's and display them automatically. Are there any chances?

Thank you

Yes, it's possible. An expert advisor can programmatically change all aspects of your chart, including the parameters of indicators.
Reason: