Beginner to MetaTrader

Hi there,

I am using MetaTrader with forex.com, and I have no idea how it works. I have placed a couple of demo orders, but that it not what I am after. I want to know how the EA and indicators work, etc etc etc. How do I get it to automatically place orders for me? How do I get it to show buy and sell signals. What is the difference between and EA, indicator, custom script, and script. You guys get the picture? Can someone help explain please?

Aren't there any online tutorials?

Regards

Brendan

(South Africa)

Meta trader4 is one of the best monitoring and forex trader platform currently available on the market..

bioluminescence:
Hi there, I am using MetaTrader with forex.com, and I have no idea how it works. I have placed a couple of demo orders, but that it not what I am after. I want to know how the EA and indicators work, etc etc etc. How do I get it to automatically place orders for me? How do I get it to show buy and sell signals. What is the difference between and EA, indicator, custom script, and script. You guys get the picture? Can someone help explain please? Aren't there any online tutorials? Regards Brendan (South Africa)

Hi Brendan,

I also started like you and I did a trading course with ABC Trading School Technical Analysis courses applied to Forex they gave me a system then I read MQL Tutorial by Coders` guru - MQL4 forum and started getting an understanding. Then I programmed the system with Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

Hello,

Hot keys (accelerating keys) are keys and their combination’s that allow you to execute various commands fast and without the use of menus or toolbars. Here is a lit of some very useful hot keys for the MT4 platform:

• Left Arrow — chart scrolling to the left;
  • Right Arrow — chart scrolling to the right;
  • Up Arrow — fast chart scrolling to the left or, if the scale is defined, chart scrolling up;
  • Down Arrow — fast chart scrolling to the right or, if the scale is defined, chart scrolling down;
  • Page Up — fast chart scrolling to the left;
  • Page Down — fast chart scrolling to the right;
  • Home — move the chart to the start point;
  • End — move the chart to the end point;
  • “-” — chart zoom out;
  • “+” — chart zoom in;
  • Delete — delete all selected graphical objects;
  • Backspace — delete the latest objects imposed into the chart window;
  • Esc — close the dialog window;
  • F8 — call the chart Properties window;
  • F9 — call the “New Order” window;
  • F11 — enlarge and minimize the chart window;
  • Ctrl+B — call the “Objects List” window;
  • Ctrl+F — enable “Crosshair”;
  • Ctrl+G — show/hide grid;
  • Ctrl+I — call the “Indicators List” window;
  • Ctrl+P — print the chart;
  • Ctrl+Y— show/hide period separators;
  • Ctrl+Z — undo an object deletion;thanks!!
  • online commodity trading

I'm a beginner and want to gain an understanding of the best combinations. I heard Visual Trader 2.0 and Metatrader are good - but which brokers can i get these platforms with? And are there are any good platforms you would recommend?

Reason: