Anyone seen an ind/EA like this?

Hi,

I like to use support and resistance lines on a CCI for entry and SL. It seems that when the indicator closes past these levels price tends to move in that direction for a couple of candles and with a good amount of momentum. I attached a .jpg to show what I mean. To me using support and resistance on the indicatorseems to work better then when used on price.

I have been looking for an indicator or EA (without any luck) where I can draw a horizontal support/resistance line on a CCI window so that when the indicator closes passed the support/resistance line a position will open or an alert will sound. I'm sure something like this could be useful on a MACD or other indicators. If anyone has any leads for or uses a method like this me please let me know. Thanks!

Files:

CCI is one great indicator, but you need to take into account Tops on price and Head-fake on Price as (and corresponding levels on CCI), thus you need several different levels of SP/RS on the indicator if you want to know what really is going on, on the market you are trading ... and i doubt EA can do that -- i do it manually for better results -- if you find this EA, let me know please, as i d like to test it

thanks

exni

I dont really want the EA to be figuring out the trades for me. I just want to draw a horizontal line on the indicator and have a trade open if the indicator closes on the other side. I tend to miss a lot of entries of set ups that im watching because for 1 reason or another I am away from the computer for a few minutes or a few hours. Many times it comes down to waiting 2 or 3 bars the see if CCI brakes a line I have drawn on the indicator and I just cant be in front of the computer at those times. I have missed so many trades because I have to get some sleep because I work in the morning so waiting around 2 or 3 more hours is not an option. Anyway, I'm going to keep looking or get it coded if I cant find it but again if anyone has seen something like this let me know.

Hi Pubison, what type of CCI details/indicator are you thinking of here?

You want a trade when the indicator closes or touches across the line, right? Please be as specific as you can, and I'll put something together for you.

Mark

Thanks for the offer flexie =)

I though it over again and the best way to put it is that i want to be able to place orders on the indicator instead of the chart. Also SL and TP.

Maybe the Horizontal Line tool could be placed on the indicator and named Buy or Sell. Depending on what the horizontal line is name when CCI closes above if named Buy or Below if named Sell th EA would open the correct position. It could close the position if CCI crosses back.

Example:

I'm using a 50 period CCI with -300/300 levels. I'm looking at it and see that the CCI goes from -110 to +40. Then from +40 to -15. I want open a long position when the CCI closes over +40 with a SL of -20 on the CCI and a TP of 50 pips.

I havent really seen anything like it and its to hard for me to program myself at this point. I just managed to program my 1st EA to give an alert when CCI crosses the 0. Took me the last 2 days to get it to work and i'm still working out the kinks. Sure the alarm goes off after the 0 line is crossed, but it also goes off every tick after that! Sigh...

ok, but I'm heading on vacation for a week. Will pick it up when I return.

Not a problem.

Does anyone else know of any other EA based off of CCI?

pubison:
Not a problem. Does anyone else know of any other EA based off of CCI?

Did u try those?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194987

Thank you Marko.

I will try these out and let you know my results.

Reason: