D1 or H4 Strategy please?

Good morning all.

I am looking for a D1 or H4 strategy please. Anyone with a strategy that they may be willing to share, either manual or EA, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you.

welcome to the site... check your pm.

Hey why PM?

Share the strategy with us all This is the aim of a community, right ?

flexie:
welcome to the site... check your pm.

hi fat cat, am a discretionary trader (manual u call it))

i could give you some hint but i need to know what kind o trader u are first, so tell me....

the hint : u need to research a lot and find the indicators that suits ur style, but i can tell you that if u are swing trading you got to use both of those time frame and as best : fine tune your indicators so that you will get your

4H validating your D.

exni

Hi Exni

Thanks, I also trade for a living, but I have mostly traded M1 and H4 charts using breakout strategies, I am looking for a quieter type of trading and have been doing a bit of reading on the forums re trend trading on the longer time frames.

My question is purely an exploratory one to see if anyone is prepared to share a long term strategy with the view to improving on it and possibly getting a thread going where people with a similar interest can post notes, updates, improvements etc.

So, do you have a strategy that you'd like to discuss?

Hi Bossxero

Mark is an old friend and the PM was just a welcome to fxfisherman.

Hi Mark
Thanks for the note and the welcome. Seems like a decent forum, but there are a few volatile people here that can go off the deepend without much provocation by the looks of things?

Hi FatCat,

did you find anyth good/new on the forums?

as for your LT strategy : what s your set-up? how many pairs? what s your objectives?

you could build positions with your H4 strat at the begining, then go on building with a Daily BreakOut (or enlarging your H4 variables), and hold on the posi° (without loss, if loss occurs just take it quick : determine your threshold, keep it minimal...Timing is the hardest thing) -- that could be a "quiet" strategy, couldn'it? )) ... but IMO "quiet" is hard to find nowadays, unless you ready to cope with large drawdowns or lot of whipsaws. to summarize it, everyone interested in a LT strategy could come up with a set-up, like one brings some volatility set up, another some fundamentals or inter-related analysis, then few trend-follo. indicators, another one on Noise withing trend (and retracements), volume, news and how it is discounted....and so on, that could be be a nice thread to set up

exni

Tlatomi method is good for TF 4 hr. You can use it ..

Nic

np Bossxero, as the Cat mentioned ...

Now on the topic, I am working on this exact situation. My daughter likes forex, but not the lifestyle. Where we live, the Frankfurt starts at 00:00 Mountain Daylight Time, and she doesn't like working through the night.... although my 16 yr old son thinks its cool.

I initially took a system I use on the 15 or 30 minute charts but it is too slow on the reversals, with too many false signals. She is winning big on some trades, but the losses are big too. Shall keep you informed of our progress.

Would you be opposed to an H4 or lower, if it sent out an email when it was time to make a decision? On the larger time frames, I am considering using the EA as more of an "advisor" than auto trader. In otherwords, call me to the pc when we are in a decision zone, and I'll take it from here. In this way, a PDA or mobile laptop could be used away from the trading station.

I've often wondered if a simple trend line break would be best. We draw the trend line, the EA senses the object and trades when price closes across the line. I already have this for trade exit.

Which are you hoping to trade, the trend or the ranges?

Hi All !

looking for best D1 strategies please help.

thanks in advance

Fif

Reason: