High/Low Breakout Scalper - page 8

How Can I Set EA to trigger order when the price hit target hi/lo according to my time zone ?????

I lived in the Eastern US/CANADA

Can EA preset order at exact price of yesterday's hi/ lo price?????

Thanks

PS

scorpion:
This expert advisor buys when price is above yesterday high and sell when below yesterday low. It closes the order when price reaches target net profit (5 pips ) or net loss (-5 pips) or when it's opened for 5 minutes. Parameters and Features:
  • Redefinable breakout pips. (Breakout_Pips = x pips away from yesterday High or Low)
  • Order lifetime = 5 minutes. (Order_Life_Mins = x mins)
  • Time session filter. (From_Hour, From_Min, To_Hour, To_Min, 00:00 to 24:00 chart time by default)
  • Initial stop loss = 3 pips + 2 pips spread = 5 pips net loss.
  • Initial take profit = 7 pips – 2 pips spread =5 pips net profit.
  • Mini account support. (Pip_Value = 1 for Mini)
  • Multiple pairs support.
Enjoys!

Wow this is one of the only few EAs where I am actually able to confirm the back test data to what actually DID take place in the history center. Most EA's CANNOT accurately be back tested. This EA has potential. Can someone please modify it so that there is no time limit and it will not close orders out prematurely until either the take profit or stoploss is hit, and #2 so that it will trade both short and long. For example right now if previous days high was broken on DAILY CHART it may be a loss because it only broke by 3 pips, where as had the (EA ALSO) traded when previous days low was broken on DAily chart it would have made a profit on that side since previous days low broke by over 70 pips.

hello everyone My name is jamil and I am saying hi to everyone.ThanksJamil

hi scorpion,,ı applied but it did not work..why?

I have the Hilo running in MT4 but it does not open any trades. All I get are alerts of a buy/sell. Live trading (long & short) is enabled. Shouldn't this EA automatically open and close trades, or is alerting the only thing it does?

Thank you.

sonyirwana:
hello scorpion, i request ea for backtesting data , see the link below for logical language to expert;Advanced system #1 (Midnight setup) | Forex strategies revealedi really need your help, thanks.First setup a Daily chart GBP/USD....determine the highest high and the other at the lowest low for the period midnight to midnight Entry: If the price bar (including shadows) is less than 90 pips long we will not open new trades on the next day. (This is our requirement for GBP/USD pair, it can be changed/adjusted for other currency pairs). If trading can be done, set Buy stop order at the top of the highest price +5 pips and Sell stop order at the bottom -5 pips. Exit +100 pip Stop loss Put your stop loss order for a Long entry at the lowest price for the day -3 pips.Put your stop for Short order at the top of the highest price for the day +3 pips. These additional pips for entries and stops can also be adjusted once a behavior of chosen currency pair is learned over the time. Now, when one of the orders is filled – stay in the trade for the whole day. At midnight with the new daily bar open, adjust your orders and stops according with the previous daily bar following the same routine; keep trading position open until get +100 pips, then you may close current position to reward yourself. Rewarding is a very powerful tool, use it. For example: on May 1st at 00:05 am, we opened a daily chart and it was a downtrend. We set our orders: both Buy and Sell according to the previous candle (April 30th). The same day our Sell order gets filled. The day has passed and the price made some further progress down. At 00:05 am May 2nd with a new daily candle appearing we change our stop loss for our current Short position according to the high of the previous bar (from May 1st) and we either continue to stay in the trade or lock in profits. Also we reset our Buy order which is now going to be just above the highest high of the May 2nd price bar. This system also gives an opportunity to be constantly in trade and at the same time it requires very little observation and takes only 5 minutes to set all positions and forget about Forex till the next midnight. You will see losing trades with this system from time to time – it is a part of any trading, but the overall result will be very positive.-son

This is a great idea if an EA could make...

Bottom Line, does it work?

Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven't tested breakouts EAs for a while.. had bad experience with. Maybe this will change it.

XRanger:
Nice, thanks for sharing. I haven't tested breakouts EAs for a while.. had bad experience with. Maybe this will change it.

it could be helpfull to share what you have learend about these breakout EA's?

scorpion:
Hey Dan You can set order lifetime to any minutes you want. (Order_Life_Mins in the settings). You want it to expire in 59 mins, set Order_Life_Mins = 59. Try this. And trailing stop is there too. Set TS_Mode = 1 will trail the trade SL. Note that it will start trailing only price move more than x pips as specified in TS_Trigger. These are all in Expert Settings. Check that.

You are wonderful guy i have gain a lot from this forum most especially from you scorpion, i dont know how to thank you.I have been looking for this type of EA for more than a year. But what i need is that i will like the setup as this buy at 10 pips above high of previous bar and sell at 10 pips belowprevious bar , stop loss for sell will be at buy entry and stop loss for buy at sell entry,no take profit but if buy position is open till another bar is formed stop loss will authomatically move to 10pips under just concluded bar, thesame for sell position so that it will form continuos process.I will appreciate if it can work on any time frame. I tried it manualy on AUDUSD,EURUSD,USDCAD EURGBP,and it work well on dail. If it is buy position it will be 10 pips pus spread.Thanks

Reason: