Try to analyse MA

Everyone, I just thinking , normal we use indicator to analysis the market right ? Then how about try to analysis the Moving Everage of the market:whistling ? I mean use the MA, filter the market abit (just abit, about 2 period ) then use the indicator to analysis the MA, will the result be better ??

Cartoon,

In most indicators, there is a Period, which is an adjustable thing. If you put in ( for instance ) period 2 in the Envelopes indicator, it will be making it`s calculations based on 2 period moving average, and so on. But trying this with indicators that don`t have period setting could be worth trying.

Cartoon:
Everyone, I just thinking , normal we use indicator to analysis the market right ? Then how about try to analysis the Moving Everage of the market:whistling ? I mean use the MA, filter the market abit (just abit, about 2 period ) then use the indicator to analysis the MA, will the result be better ??

WAY TO GO MAN!!

Moving average is used for smoothing data, price or raw indicator values. The higher the period, the smoother the data is. Smoothing data will filter out small bad whipsaws, but it will also give you late signals. It simply means that if you set period = 2, then you'll get 2 bars late signal. If 1 bar = 1 hour, then it means the signal will come 2 hours late. That's the bad effect of ma.

Choosing the right type of moving average is crucial, because moving average is the mother of most indicators including MACD, CCI, DMI, BBands, and so on. Simple moving average (SMA) is the simplest in calculation but also the lowest quality. Exponential moving average (EMA) and Linear-Weight MA (WMA or LWMA) are more complicated but provides higher equality. Personally I like Jurik's moving average (JMA). Althought the calculation is most complicated, the quality is superb! JMA can smooth out bad whipsaws while also keep the lagging minimum.

I realise that MA is the key to unlock the door of making virtually unlimited money in forex, so I indulge most of the time in researching more about MA and deriving sub indicators.

Scorpion , can you create a indicator that paint the bar if the bar is more then 20 pips (including high low)

Sure! What color do you like? I'll brew one for you when i get back from work.

He He thanks a lot

Here you go toon. It's an indicator so copy it to MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\. The default level is 20 pips, but you can configure it (see Pips). And, the default end points are "high" and "low", but you can configure it too (see Point1 and Point2). You can put either "open", "close" "high" or "low" in the input. Note that it's case sensitive (abc is different from ABC or Abc)

Cheers!

Files:

Whao!!! this is what I want thanks a lot scorpion now I will do some "experiment". About what?? Hm............. may be some basic thing:whistling

Guys !!! I have spot some thing , but I don't know how to explain :sweatdrop , scorpion, gazuz, Ravique everyone , please put this indicator in 1 hour chart EUR/USD with default setting, then you well see what I mean

I put the indicator on EUR/USD 1H and can't really see what you mean. If you are meaning to say that it starts starts a trend, you should look again my friend. That does work at times but also doesnt. It's just like flipping a coin and half of the time it works, half the time it doesnt.

Sorry otherwise I don't know what you mean

Reason: