Documented Flaw in Backtester sent to Metatrader.net

This 'Major Flaw' was documented this morning. The flaw created a 18 fold overstatement of the real trade. The real trade captured 33 pips, the backtester overstated it to 620+ pips. Is this cause for serious concern? I should think so. I have sent this documentation to my brokerage firm President and MetaTraders. I pray proper action is taken to fix these backtesters once and for all. How can we program reliable expert advisors if we cannot backtest them with accuracy??

Communication with InterbankFX.com about this flaw!

Ben, Ben, Ben,

I just calculated up the backtester errors for Jan 2005 because of this flaw, and subtracted it from the backtester profit for Jan 2005 using my

expert advisor. According to the backtester, my

profits would be $7,843.00 for January. Because

of the loop errors the backtester is generating (False duplicate profits) and subtracting them from the

months profit, my net profit is only $166.04 for

January!!!!!! Far cry from $7,843.00! We as expert advisor programmers have been royally duped!

6 months of my life wasted over a

deception by a flawed MQLII backtester. The wind is

totally out of my sails. How many others are

being totally deceived by this backtester?? Perhaps thousands??

Dave :mad:

Dave77,

In watching the EMA 5 and 34 Cross Trading System EA on a live chart I noticed that these two EMAs would cross due to tic data in real time but that when the bar would print that the EMA lines would not be crossed. Therefore, a signal was given in real time that could not be seen in looking back historically on the chart. What I think is happening with the backtester is that due to the large volume of data that a tic-by-tic database would require the developers used a smaller database based on a larger time frame than the tic. Your EA may give a correct backtest if you choose a larger time frame to test on. I would be interested to know if it works on longer time frame myself. freshfx

Reason: