Backtesting Expert Advisors

Scorpion, I heard you have some sort of tick by tick backtester. I would like to backtest my MQL expert advisor on it. Interbankfx trade platform has one, but it does not even come close to what the program does in realtime trading - Very dissappointing. I would love to try yours.

I contacted the brokerage firm and said that if the backtester is not close in accuracy, what good is it?? I feel like we are being deceived. Why have a backtesting system that doesn't correlate to real trading (MT3). We bust our buns trying to develop systems that we cannot guarantee will work in real time, even after the backtester says it will?? What a waste of time and energy! Maybe your tester will be better?

Dave

ddiebold@sbcglobal.net

Hello Dave77,

I'm afraid my tick backtester doesn't support mql and mq4. It was written to backtest compiled .Net code that complies with my trading system interface only.

Apparently, the most accurate backtesting requires dealable ticks data (indicative ticks won't do) and ticks backtester, but MetaTraders lack both.

I use MT for charting only, not for real trading, for I don't really trust in the reliability of expert advisors.

Reason: