Upcoming MetaTrader Version 4 - page 2

SJR3t7:
I understand the MQL has changed, but has the C/C++ API/Interface changed? Steven

It might change since the MT4 API is unavailable yet. However, I think it's not gonna change much indeed.

gazuz:
just wondering also if anyone knows if there are any backtesting in the V 4.0 or do we have to wait a bit until they release it with the API. I am eager to use the new MACD Sample now that I understand how they work....

Somebody asked the same question at metaquotes' forum. I remembered the Strategy Testing in MT4 is currently unavailable; however, it's expected to be implemented soon.

Btw, MetaQuotes uses the word Beta for current MT4, but I think Alpha is the most suited, coz some functions are not implemented yet.

Does anyone know how we can script onto the chart so that we can vary quickly determine (visualize) the currency spreads on individual currency charts? I find with the fifth digit this chore has become more difficult. Also with the various Forex Brokers changing their spread costs so frequently this might be a great way of saving operating costs during a trading session. Some of the Asian Spreads are absolutely rediculous and reduce our ROI from the trades. Please respond if anyone has ever created something. clm