Long term historical data is needed

Hello all members!

First of all, I would like to thank to many people here who were willing to donate their effort and time to develop FXFisherman. Many people wanted to offer graphics design and so on. Unfortunately, I was not in need of those offers.

Actually, the standalone fxfisherman was finished quite long ago, it was successfully tested with 3 months data provided by Steven. I can say that it is profitable. However, we need FXFisherman as secure as possible, since there must be high impacts on users if any single error occures; therefore, now we are in need of much data for final backtesting. The more data we can collect, the more secure FXFisherman is.

Guidelines:

• We need 2-4 years of tick data. (Edited: Data in time-based interval are no longer accepted.)
  • Data for three instruments are needed: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and USD/CHF.
  • Time used in the data must be in GMT if posible and must NOT use time adjustment such as daylight-saving or summer time.
  • Each week, data must start at 00:00 GMT on Monday and end at 22:00 GMT on Friday.
  • Data format must be in CSV format.

How to submit the data

• Send one day sample of your data to scorpion@fxfisherman.com, and also state the source of data.
  • I'll contact you on how to send the file if your data is qualified.

I would appreciate if someone could afford of such data. At least, you will deserve what you do.

Hi Scorpion,

I can help getting the data.Can you tell me the data has to be in which format(cvs,metastock..).

Bhaskar

I`ll download data for you.

Best for you to decide where, what time frame, and which format for each volunteer.

Just post here or pm me.

Hi Scorpion

I can help you in getting the data. Please reply.

James

Ok, the data should be in CSV format.

Actually, now I am analyzing data from Gain Capital. However, I would appreciate if you could offer better quality data.

hello Scorpion,

I have the data you are requesting. It is in csv format, and is tick data.

Please let me know and I will try to email you the data. The data maybe too large, and in that case I will have to mail you a CD with the data.

Let me know what is preferable to you. You can email me with the details.

Thanks,

Maji

Scropion,

What is wrong with the Gain Capital Data. From what I understand it is the tick data that is sent to their clients.

Steven

i would be more than willing to download and assist. Being new to the trade game however, I don't know where to look, etc. Let me know where, and i will start on it asap.

I am involved with a group in thailand, (Legacy Institute) that is reaching out to Burma, India, Thai, China in the chechin mountains, etc...

I am disabled, thus on limited finances, and am in forced retirement. THat is why I turned to FX. So if you are still in need of help, email me the particulars at fx@duflingy.com

I don't really understand much about Date and Time used in data from Gain. It's EST, but does it use Daylight-Saving? Because I saw some sunday, the data starts from 19 EST, but some start from 20 EST. Actually, Forex starts at 00 GMT on each monday (19 EST Sunday) all years round.

I will see what I can find out about it using DST.

Steven

Reason: