How does product update work and other related questions

Hi,

As an EA developer, I wonder how does product updates work on the market. Once I publish a new version of a product, do the buyers get notified about it ? Does it install automatically on their terminal or do they have to do it manually?

Other related question: is it allowed to use a WebRequest inside my code to get new parameters for an EA in order to adapt market conditions ? Rules of using the market service ( https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules ) state :

'''
Integrating and applying any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products are prohibited.
'''

Does it include live update of parameters?

Thanks for your kind replies...

Jacques Louis Kreiss:
Hi,

As an EA developer, I wonder how does product updates work on the market. Once I publish a new version of a product, do the buyers get notified about it ? Does it install automatically on their terminal or do they have to do it manually?

They can see the updates in Market section of the Terminal window. Update is manual.

Other related question: is it allowed to use a WebRequest inside my code to get new parameters for an EA in order to adapt market conditions ? Rules of using the market service ( https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules ) state :

'''
Integrating and applying any third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems (including the ones using WebRequest features) in Products are prohibited.
'''

Does it include live update of parameters?

Thanks for your kind replies...

You can use WebRequest for your purpose. You can't use it for "third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems".

Alain Verleyen:
They can see the updates in Market section of the Terminal window. Update is manual.

You can use WebRequest for your purpose. You can't use it for "third-party sales, accounting, license control and update management systems".

Thank you very much  Alain...
Reason: