visibility issue with rectangles: MT5 bug? - page 3

Marco vd Heijden:

If one of the coordinates of the object fall outside of the scope of the chart it will disappear. 

It has always been like that.

This is absolutely not true.

I don't know anything else then that they disappear like that, in fact they won't even show up if you try to create them anchored outside of the scope of the chart which is the same thing.

Alain Verleyen:

I see and I understand. But with an anchor point in the future I will not even try to convince Metaquotes developers.

You are free to try of course.

I will not try it too, because it's a well known problem for years and nobody cares about it.
I'm developing some workarounds to solve the problem.

It's a question of quality, responsibility and reliability.
And the development of this platform is not sponsored by us retail traders.
Our enemies pay it...

Marco vd Heijden:

I don't know anything else then that they disappear like that, in fact they won't even show up if you try to create them anchored outside of the scope of the chart which is the same thing.

What you say is absolutely not true. Everybody is able to test and see it.

Marco vd Heijden:

Not sure what you mean by "outside the scope" ?

You can also try this : you place the rectangle as shown in the video. Switch on H1 and zoom in/out, when zoomed out it displays the rectangle, when zoomed in, at the same point it doesn't change any more (with the anchor prices visible on the chart of course).

The problem is clear, it's a bug without any doubt, but personally I will not invest any additional time about it.

Peter Thomet:

I will not try it too, because it's a well known problem for years and nobody cares about it.
I'm developing some workarounds to solve the problem.

It's a question of quality, responsibility and reliability.

I do agree with you on this part.

Just for those, thinking this bug has something to do with forbidden anchor points in the future, which is complete nonsense, watch this video.

Alain Verleyen:

Not sure what you mean by "outside the scope" ?

You can also try this : you place the rectangle as shown in the video. Switch on H1 and zoom in/out, when zoomed out it displays the rectangle, when zoomed in, at the same point it doesn't change any more (with the anchor prices visible on the chart of course).

The problem is clear, it's a bug without any doubt, but personally I will not invest any additional time about it.

I was talking about objects that have x and y coordinates like buttons that have points outside of the chart width/height and that are not drawn, or disappear upon chart redraw in a similar fashion as this issue appears to be.

I realize now that this issue involves time and price coordinates so it's a different scenario altogether. 

Peter Thomet:

Just for those, thinking this bug has something to do with forbidden anchor points in the future, which is complete nonsense, watch this video.

Maybe you can post a code snip in stead of all these videos, i tried to replicate this issue but i was unable to recreate this event, the rectangle stayed visible, and i had set it from 1 Jan 2019 to 1 Jan 2020.

Marco vd Heijden:

I was talking about objects that have x and y coordinates like buttons that have points outside of the chart width/height and that are not drawn, or disappear upon chart redraw in a similar fashion as this issue appears to be.

I realize now that this issue involves time and price coordinates so it's a different scenario altogether. 

Maybe you can post a code snip in stead of all these videos, i tried to replicate this issue but i was unable to recreate this event, the rectangle stayed visible, and i had set it from 1 Jan 2019 to 1 Jan 2020.

So you have realised it has something to do with time, congratulations!

A code snip? Maybe you would post some videos, this would be helpful.

Marco vd Heijden:

i tried to replicate this issue but i was unable to recreate this event, the rectangle stayed visible, and i had set it from 1 Jan 2019 to 1 Jan 2020.

You was unable to replicate it, because you did it wrong.

Reason: