How do I send email alerts from MT4 to my email

Hey Traders,

Kindly help me on how I can set email alerts from MT4 to my email address. I was using  the set up in tools, Options, mail and used gmx.com. However it does not work anymore.

Have you set and enabled emails in the terminal? Tools => Option => Email ?

What does the log say if you test (send a test mail)?

Thanks. I am getting a message, mail: login to mail. gmx.com:587 failed. 

Josephine.Ndung: I am getting a message, mail: login to mail. gmx.com:587 failed. 
  1. Now you now why
  2. At couldn't send reports from MetaTrader4 Administrator to Gmail Account - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum the IBFX video specified mail.gmx.com:587.
  3. That address was down when I initially pinged it, but is now up. Retry your test.

Thank you for your help.

I have managed to set up mail using smtp2go. It has worked.

Josephine.Ndung:

Hey Traders,

Kindly help me on how I can set email alerts from MT4 to my email address. I was using  the set up in tools, Options, mail and used gmx.com. However it does not work anymore.

SOLUTION:

If people ever ask how to make mt4's email alerts work these days, for example with the proposed gmx.com free email server they need to log into gmx.com Settings page to enable "Send and receive emails via external program" and click Save button.

parkkis
Finland

I've tried EVERYTHING that I can think of to get MT4 to send email alerts and nothing works.

I've filled out the email settings in MT4 correctly. I've tried using gmail (which usually has problems anyway) and even setting it to less secure, Yahoo, GMX, Outlook and several other email servers and none work. I always get this same error message in the Journal, "Mail: error connecting to smtp.email (server name goes here).com". I've tried in five different MT4 platforms. Still no luck. I've tried using my two laptops, one with no firewalls or anti virus programs and my desktop with no luck. I also tried deleting the email.ini from the config folder in case the smtp settings aren't updating. The Version# of the platforms is 4.00 and Build 1090.

I've even tried the poster's suggestion above using GMX but can't locate the Setting's,  "Send and receive emails via external program" option to click and save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically

Alain Verleyen, 2016.11.18 09:27

Of course you are wrong. That's funny to see how people are saying me I am dreaming or I don't know what I am talking about when they are wrong

1° You have to configure gmail/gmx to allow external application.

2° Configure your MT4

And by the way it was ALWAYS working (except maybe on some build for a short time). 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 and SSL SMTP Email

Alain Verleyen, 2017.02.06 10:18

What do you want as documentation ?

Of course MT4 is using SSL/TLS, I don't have any details about the implementation, I just know it's working. 

"Less secure apps" from Google is not about SSL/TLS, but about OAuth protocol. G Suite is working as a normal Gmail account, except if you are not the administrator you can't see the "Less Secure Apps" setting

Alain Verleyen:

I'm not sure if you are replying to my post or not?

Jiffy Pips:
I'm not sure if you are replying to my post or not?
Of course I am replying to your post.
Reason: