It's possible someone create a profitable EA that operates without backtesting and without any input parameter? - page 3

bendex77:

Might be much difference from person to person on what risk should be for them. Maybe one single input such as "maximum risk of ruin %" so the gamblers can have some fun, while large scale investers can also find it usefull?

but yes possible to do it without.

it is possible but someone like me will not buy such EA. becouse i will like to see its past performance. buying such ea is like working in the darckness.

gbemi1:
it is possible but someone like me will not buy such EA. becouse i will like to see its past performance. buying such ea is like working in the darckness.
I see your point, but future is not a very deeper darkness?

figurelli:
Very! But back testing is all we have to hope to shed a little light on it other than real results from past which is still far from a guarantee.

I think probably yes. There must be some theoretical approaches in order to design EAs as if they were composed of axioms and demonstrations, just like mathematical formulas or logical arguments.

figurelli:
I think that from a priori view, the concepts of past and future don't exist in trading in the same sense as we humans understand them in our daily lives.

figurelli:

Sorry my just handmade draw below, but, as a picture is worth a thousand words and I'm not so fast using the computer to do it, maybe it will be easier to you and others to understand what I mean.

Note that even if we don't have 'input parameters', we do have feedback inputs from main EA outputs, to make self adaptive decisions like lot size you are asking for.

Thanks Figurelli. The picture is good and help understand.

figurelli:
Thanks for your contribution, but this is not a short time to a conclusion? Anyway, it would be nice to have a white box and open source example to we study here. 
To be honest, I see some ways to do this with several EAs, but I would like to get the same way with just one 'magic' EA.
Yes I did speak too quickly!  I get overexcited sometimes.  Anyway, we all work tirelessly towards this end and I hope we succeed :)

Though it is possible. but i can put my trust in such EA. usin EA that can't be backtest is like working in the darckness without a touch light.

Dunno if an EA without parameters to adjust  would please our "technical side".

we would probably aim to get something even better than what we "simply" have. Something to do with Human Nature again.

Reason: