MT4: Custom Push Notifications

Hey there, quick question:

Is there any way to set a custom text to push notifications that MT4 sends to mobile about transactions?

What I have in mind is that instead of the default notification text unforming of a closed position such as for example
"order #35811722 buy 1.00 USDCAD at 1.34242 closed due take-profit at price 1.34341, profit: 100 USD"
I'd like to set it to something more convenient such as
"Trade from [Comment] on USDCAD (1.00) reached target, profit 100 USD."
Simply something less technical and more readable.

If there's no way to do it in MT4 itself, is there a way to do this using an indicator/EA so that I could let someone program it?

Thanks for letting me know!

eMPeTrading:
Hey there, quick question:

Is there any way to set a custom text to push notifications that MT4 sends to mobile about transactions?

What I have in mind is that instead of the default notification text unforming of a closed position such as for example
"order #35811722 buy 1.00 USDCAD at 1.34242 closed due take-profit at price 1.34341, profit: 100 USD"
I'd like to set it to something more convenient such as
"Trade from [Comment] on USDCAD (1.00) reached target, profit 100 USD."
Simply something less technical and more readable.

If there's no way to do it in MT4 itself, is there a way to do this using an indicator/EA so that I could let someone program it?

Thanks for letting me know!

Yes, there is.

You can integrate a SendNotification() call into your existing EA.

If you don't use an EA, you can code an indicator or EA to monitor your account for closed trades and send out a notification accordingly.

SendNotification - Common Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

honest_knave:

Yes, there is.

You can integrate a SendNotification() call into your existing EA.

If you don't use an EA, you can code an indicator or EA to monitor your account for closed trades and send out a notification accordingly.

Thank you for your reply! I'm unfortunately either not able to or not allowed to modify the EAs I'm running so the way around this would be to create a new EA to monitor the whole account to send any custom notifications - is that correct? If so, I'll set up a request in the Freelance Market :)

Yep, that's the way. You can have it as an indicator or an EA as it won't be actually trading.

honest_knave:
Yep, that's the way. You can have it as an indicator or an EA as it won't be actually trading.
Alright, thank you! :)

Why did you post in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section (bottom of the Root page?)

whroeder1:
Why did you post in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section (bottom of the Root page?)
I overlooked that but it's relevant to both in the end.

honest_knave:

I'll move the thread down to the MT4 section.

Give this EA a go (not tested):

Thanks! Definitely, I'll give it a go right away!

Hello! Was there any solutions to this problem found/created?
I am looking into it further finding that its not possible for indicators/EA's to read the journal file (which contains trade information)
I wish it was as simple as; get last journal entry => remove specific sections => send notification...
Would it be possible to view and modify the notifications.ini file in the config section of the MT4 installation? (if that has any relevance)
Regards, Chris :)
Reason: