Market Watch instrument position number

Hello,

I would like to know if there's a relatively simple (but mql-only) way to find the position number of a given symbol in the market watch symbols list.

For instance something like: EURUSD is the 4th symbol, EURCAD is the 12th, XAUUSD is the 24th and so on

thanks in advance

Dalta:

Hello,

I would like to know if there's a relatively simple (but mql-only) way to find the position number of a given symbol in the market watch symbols list.

For instance something like: EURUSD is the 4th symbol, EURCAD is the 12th, XAUUSD is the 24th and so on

thanks in advance

Function:

int FindIndex(string symbol, bool selected=true)
  {
   for(int i=0; i<SymbolsTotal(selected); i++) if(SymbolName(i,selected)==symbol) return(i);
   return(-1);
  }

Call:

int i = FindIndex("EURUSD");
   if(i<0) Print("EURUSD not found!"); else Print("EURUSD index is ",i);

honest_knave:

Function:

Call:

I feel stupid... :P

Thank you!

Dalta:

I feel stupid... :P

Thank you!

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers 

honest_knave:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers 

There's a way to force the market watch to display all the available symbols? Like the "show all" option? Because I would need the absolute symbol index, not the relative position to the current displayed symbol list

Dalta:

There's a way to force the market watch to display all the available symbols? Like the "show all" option?
for(int i=0; i<SymbolsTotal(false); i++) SymbolSelect(SymbolName(i,false),true);

Or if you don't want to show all the symbols, but you want the index from the general list: 

int i = FindIndex("EURUSD",false);
if(i<0) Print("EURUSD not found!"); else Print("EURUSD index is ",i);

honest_knave:

Or if you don't want to show all the symbols, but you want the index from the general list: 

cheers!
Reason: