intraday trading system - page 2

The NZD/USD pair went back and forth during the course of the day on Thursday, ultimately settling on a negative candle. However, I see so much in the way of support just below that I think we will bounce and eventually got above the 0.73 level. If we get a supportive candle, then it’s likely that the markets will go higher from there as well. Quite frankly, I have no interest whatsoever in selling this market as long as we stay above the “floor” that I see at the 0.70 level below.

i traded heavily during tokyo session and decided to take break and just watch . but this could be a good buy setup if & only if there's "entry signal" .. possible stop loss under low of asian session .. tp close to high of new york,london:

supersmoother 10 / supersmoother 30* / regression 66*/ regression 177**

*: based on dominant cycle ,  **: based on price action

or this , same idea :

just fyi , i'm not gonna update this thread any further simply because it doesn't need any (maybe later though)! it works pretty well imo , one quick advice don't fall in love with constant periods & try to update them with price action . maybe it's not bad if amateur one reads a book about elliot wave to get good grasp of how to group price waves (any classic one would do the job , my recommendation is glenn neely). i tried to add other indicators like cci to the system but it doesn't add any value . have fun !

p.s: if it's to complicated just don't trade it

Thanks for the interesting thread. Can you add files with the template *.tlp and the indicators you use, so that we see the same with same settings?

How do you cope with the problem that some indicators like regression repaint badly?

"one super important note : regression & super smoother are dynamic indicators so check them every bar !"

friend4you:

Thanks for the interesting thread. Can you add files with the template *.tlp and the indicators you use, so that we see the same with same settings?

How do you cope with the problem that some indicators like regression repaint badly?

"one super important note : regression & super smoother are dynamic indicators so check them every bar !"

i talked about how i set the periods for these indicators . either by by goertzel browser or autocorrelation or last 2-3 major price moves . results are almost the same .

i posted the indicators too . super smoother is not repainting but it's dynamic ! it means if you r gonna use it as support / resistance then u must be careful to check it . u can say regression repaints but it's not what u think , whole point of trading good is being super dynamic to price changes. i will send 2 more examples & step by step approach .

keep in mind this indicators are not gonna forecast anything but i think they are simply guide us to interpret last price actions correctly ! i tried another indicators but at these level all of them point to same thing ! spend 2 week with these indicators and u see what's happening (don't trade just watch).

Thanks.  But I can't see any file attachments beside pictures.  Click attach file after making a zip file out of all indicators and tlp- file.  I would like to test Goertzel also.

step 1 : open a chart in a short time frame like (m15-m30) remember this is intraday strategy (my example is current chart of eurgbp m30)

step 2 : find tops and bottoms ( this is harder than u think ) . i group them in 2 way : purple based on absolute extremes & yellow based on more local extremes.  as u can see it's hard to decide when tops & bottoms are happened when price action is some kinda double top or triple bottom (like circles in the picture)!

step 3 : measure the periods between this extremes . in this example yellow cycles are shorter (something like 30-35) and purple ones are larger (60-80) . okay here's a tricky part ! we have harmonics in cycles , this means two,three,four,... group of n period waves follow each other . in eurgbp case harmonics of 30 are 60 / 90 , . . . (remember maybe cycle is 15 and 30 is a harmonic !!)

as u can see it's pretty obvious purple cycles are in fact harmonic of yellow ones !game over . in some way it means if u do this in h1 chart u probably  find purple cycles as shorter period !! for confirmation u can do that for confirmation, will u find some larger periods like 120/240 period between absoloute extremes (tops & bottoms - aka cycles) ? keep in mind 60/120 are in fact larger harmonic of m30 yellow (30-35) !

next step is to test your numbers with 2 cycle indicators (either one is fine)

here's the result for goertzel browser for 2 setting : upper one is default , lower one is used zlma for vaitype , 90 for max cycle lengh (because longer cycles ,the purple ones, were under 90 so !)

compare the yellow&purple cycles to these numbers . pretty close . lots of number around 30 , 60 , 90 & interestingly some numbers based on 20 & it's harmonics . remember what said about 30 is harmonic of 15 ! maybe this is the case or not , maybe there's two active cycles 20 & 30. again remember what u doing ,type pf  filtering in the goertzel may cause this situation ! who cares ! really .

& this is the autocorrelation periodogram :

wow ! how perfect is this ? most of the time indicator is under 20 & in 2 periods it went somewhere between 25-30 . based on this i would say dominant cycle is 20 !! one reason is similarities between goertzel finding & autocorrelation , other one is when market is in strong trend mode , autocorrelation is under 20 and when market is in some kind of correction sideway it goes 20 . i don't know maybe if i tried more accurately selecting tops & bottoms in shorter periods i would find numbers close to 20 ! or maybe dominant cycle is 10 and 20,30 are harmonics !! lol

next step is using number 20 to optimize indicators . u can use 20 for other super smoother but for any situation have one supersmoother 10 in the cahrt .so add two super smoother ! add one regression and set period to 40 (harmonic of 20) let's see what it will look like

upper band of regression works as over bought in bearish move & lower band as oversold in bullish move . u can use cross of 10/20 of super smoother as signal but the most important this is slope of supersmoother 10/20 is best indication of momentum & trend .

now for the larger period of regression , u can use 60/80/120 ,... or u can use price action . either way is fine . i will plot all of them in the next pic

there's too much color !

green regression : based on price action extreme high

orange regression : based on price action extreme low

magnet regression : 120 , light blue 80 , lime 60 all based on harmonics

also i added 3 horizontal price actions sup/res , and added 30 supersmoother (just for fun!)

as u can see all of them are almost pointing to the same price levels (the boxes) and they are pretty close to horizontal price action sup/res zones !

again u see how 120/80/60 are close to a local reversal ? this is what i meant in earlier post the doesn't matter how u find periods ! result would be the same ! it should be !! if it's not the same then something is wrong , do the analysis from the beginning !

Reason: