Gold could go back down - page 2

nbtrading:
If it breaks 1000 all sorts of problems will happen

True. Either way, it seems GOLD reaching 1000 (or lower) has been postponed for now, considering that today it bounced off the support at 1045 and formed what appears to be a double bottom. I think we'll see it climb even further, perhaps towards 1085 before it starts falling again.

dianajs:
True. Either way, it seems GOLD reaching 1000 (or lower) has been postponed for now, considering that today it bounced off the support at 1045 and formed what appears to be a double bottom. I think we'll see it climb even further, perhaps towards 1085 before it starts falling again.

It might be just a pause before the new year though ...

I agree, Gold falling to $1000 is inevitable and it will probably happen in the near future.

Waiting to enter at 1000!

nbtrading:
It might be just a pause before the new year though ...

It looks like it might reach 1085 after all. However, that doesn't mean that the bearish trend is over.

Gold may consolidate until the year is over, next month the bearish trend may continue.

It seems range will continue at least until the end of the year.

Gold will close its year in the range bound of $1060-1084, but I think it will tune with bearish mode as Oil havoc will impact the bullion as its used for hedging, Chinese slowdown is still to come impacting gold and Federal Reserve rate hike again in March is also a watchful choice. From the technical level after $1050 the major support lies in $1000 and $945. If prices breach down to those levels, I expect a big rebound from there as level of $1000 is a must buy. The New Year for gold might start on a bearish tone but will lead to might end above $1200 in the second half of the year.

mark havens:
Gold will close its year in the range bound of $1060-1084, but I think it will tune with bearish mode as Oil havoc will impact the bullion as its used for hedging, Chinese slowdown is still to come impacting gold and Federal Reserve rate hike again in March is also a watchful choice. From the technical level after $1050 the major support lies in $1000 and $945. If prices breach down to those levels, I expect a big rebound from there as level of $1000 is a must buy. The New Year for gold might start on a bearish tone but will lead to might end above $1200 in the second half of the year.

I would be careful with level 1000 - if it is reached, all hell can break loose

nbtrading:
I would be careful with level 1000 - if it is reached, all hell can break loose

Well that will be an epic support

Reason: