CCFp Problem - page 2

mladen:

I am afraid I do not understand

The ccf was not written by me originally - changing the formula how it calculates was never my intention, that is why it is the same as the original

I apologised. Now i understand how to use the CCFp created by mladen. It does work the same as the CCFp cvert does.

Now i have one little favour wanted to ask you.

Can you change the decimal number used in CCFp to round numbers? For example, instead of 0.008931 we can use 8931 or 8.931?

Thank you for your support.

redwed:

I apologised. Now i understand how to use the CCFp created by mladen. It does work the same as the CCFp cvert does.

Now i have one little favour wanted to ask you.

Can you change the decimal number used in CCFp to round numbers? For example, instead of 0.008931 we can use 8931 or 8.931?

Thank you for your support.

redwed

You can take the values array and multiply it with any value you wish (to get the range of values you need)

But since it is a formula based on experience mostly (see the way it is calculated) and not on any kind of normalization (that is why the values - and the slope - of ccfp should be taken with a grain of salt), I am not sure that it should be done

redwed:
I'm just thinking that ccfp created by mladen also have the ability to do like ccfp cvert does....

I see. But it seems that they have same results

mladen:

redwed

You can take the values array and multiply it with any value you wish (to get the range of values you need)

But since it is a formula based on experience mostly (see the way it is calculated) and not on any kind of normalization (that is why the values - and the slope - of ccfp should be taken with a grain of salt), I am not sure that it should be done

Thanks for the speedy reply. Now i understand why all CCFp are using decimal number properties. Anyway, it is great to have your version of CCFp in my toolkit.

apprentice coder:
I see. But it seems that they have same results

It is the same result. But I'm thinking it is better to visualize the slope changes by adding the + or - sign, same like the cvert does.

Here i attached some of the results using ccfp (modified version from the original). The original one is from here. It is a wonderful indicator indeed..

Some tuning is needed, especially when ranging markets came in...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_192813_1448766451365_883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_192814_1448766472720_44[/ATTACH]

Files:
2016.png  24 kb

redwed:
Here i attached some of the results using ccfp (modified version from the original). The original one is from here. It is a wonderful indicator indeed..

Some tuning is needed, especially when ranging markets came in...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_192813_1448766451365_883[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_192814_1448766472720_44[/ATTACH]

Nice trading Redwed, hope you don't mind me asking, how are you using the ccfp in your trading?

mrtools:
Nice trading Redwed, hope you don't mind me asking, how are you using the ccfp in your trading?

1.Open any chart with 4 hr bar (i used m15 and above).

2.add CCfp Indicator.

3. look for differences of each currency on the data menu of the LAST TWO 4hr bar. (2 most recent closed bar, current bar is not included)

4 Open the postion 5-10 minutes after the new bar has opened (probably to let the CCFp update? I don't know reason for this one)

Above taken from http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=113181 and first published on Oct 9, 2008.

Recent research on this method revealed that with only 0.03 lot, we can make about 15% per day from 1000 account:

• The account deposit is 1000 usd.
  • only 0.03 lot opened.
  • the account is ecn demo alpari
  • only london session
  • my biggest mistake (i don't pay attention to news announcement as i'm relatively newbies back then)

I stopped using this method for a while, and tried using other strategy. Reason: huge drawdown of account on 4th day. Probably news/trend change. Until suddenly i realized, multi pair currency is the only way to trade.

I understand that with CCFp we are riding the trend. The only problem lies on where to put the stops (and target) while riding the trend.

the first thread on ff discussing this method is already dead anyway, so maybe i will try to formulate my ideas on my own.

Thank you.

Files:

redwed:

1.Open any chart with 4 hr bar (i used m15 and above).

2.add CCfp Indicator.

3. look for differences of each currency on the data menu of the LAST TWO 4hr bar. (2 most recent closed bar, current bar is not included)

4 Open the postion 5-10 minutes after the new bar has opened (probably to let the CCFp update? I don't know reason for this one)

Above taken from http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=113181 and first published on Oct 9, 2008.

Recent research on this method revealed that with only 0.03 lot, we can make about 15% per day from 1000 account:

• The account deposit is 1000 usd.
  • only 0.03 lot opened.
  • the account is ecn demo alpari
  • only london session
  • my biggest mistake (i don't pay attention to news announcement as i'm relatively newbies back then)

I stopped using this method for a while, and tried using other strategy. Reason: huge drawdown of account on 4th day. Probably news/trend change. Until suddenly i realized, multi pair currency is the only way to trade.

I understand that with CCFp we are riding the trend. The only problem lies on where to put the stops (and target) while riding the trend.

the first thread on ff discussing this method is already dead anyway, so maybe i will try to formulate my ideas on my own.

Thank you.

Thank you for sharing Redwed, very interesting.

redwed:

It is the same result. But I'm thinking it is better to visualize the slope changes by adding the + or - sign, same like the cvert does.

If the values are artificially equalized, I don't think that slope matters (that is a moving averages indcator after all)

Reason: