Renko charts Repaints !! - page 2

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

so i assume in response your detailed explanation - renko will not repaints,when applied at VPS with some EA,with out interrupting,interfering and restarting the terminal ........ just once start it,and let it go for long term time....please correct me..thanks,

regards

mntiwana

As long as you do not turn it of it will not

But the moment you turn it of an on, it will (and results may differ a lot)

mladen:
mntiwana

As long as you do not turn it of it will not

But the moment you turn it of an on, it will (and results may differ a lot)

Dearest MLADEN,

so much thanks for your kind help...at least RENKO lovers find a way,:)

regards

No indicator (renko is indicator) that does not have limited sample will ever be able not to repaint

techmac:
No indicator (renko is indicator) that does not have limited sample will ever be able not to repaint

....limited sample....can you help ,explain it please....i want learn and understand,how things work...thanks

regards

mntiwana:
....limited sample....can you help ,explain it please....i want learn and understand,how things work...thanks regards

It is the way how it is calculated. Most generators use a feed chart OHLC data sample to build the Renko historical part, and then they keep appending single ticks to update that chart. Once you refresh the feed chart, they throw away the collected tick data and replace them with the OHLC sample again.

Ovo:
It is the way how it is calculated. Most generators use a feed chart OHLC data sample to build the Renko historical part, and then they keep appending single ticks to update that chart. Once you refresh the feed chart, they throw away the collected tick data and replace them with the OHLC sample again.

Hi Ovo,

much thanks for explaining the logic behind,some more please...if it happens only with renko,or with all those custom TF generator indicators too...thanks.

regards

mntiwana:
Hi Ovo,

much thanks for explaining the logic behind,some more please...if it happens only with renko,or with all those custom TF generator indicators too...thanks.

regards

Well, I said most did repaint, and all the free ones probably do. As we are not in the commercial section, that is all I can say.

Ovo:
Well, I said most did repaint, and all the free ones probably do. As we are not in the commercial section, that is all I can say.

Ovo,

once more thanks for your kind guidance.

regards

Once the history file is changed (if it is changed) - the starting time of the data - then renko results can and mostly will change. And at least 90% have problems with run-time correct calculation

techmac:
Once the history file is changed (if it is changed) - the starting time of the data - then renko results can and mostly will change. And at least 90% have problems with run-time correct calculation

Hi techmac,

thanks for your help,so all depends on data and data is stored in history file and charts get data from history,not directly from corresponding server,especially the indicators that produce and forms un usual and non default TFs ?

regards

Reason: