Windows 10 and renko

Hi guys, I updated to windows 10 over the weekend but now my metatrader renko charts won't update...

Anyone else with this problem? Should I go back to a previous windows version?

camisa:
Hi guys, I updated to windows 10 over the weekend but now my metatrader renko charts won't update... Anyone else with this problem? Should I go back to a previous windows version?

camisa

All offline charts are using windows API to "provoke" offline charts update. If the windows 10 API is not 100% compatible with those functions, offline charts will not work (they will probably have to be made specifically for windows 10)

here is another thing that happens: new indicators and templates copied to indicators/templates folders are not recognized when you open metatrader, only the ones previously installed when you upgraded to win10...

Metatrader has big compatibility issues with windows 10. They are refusing to answer to tickets asking about windows 10

Just downgraded from windows 10... not coming back until full compatibility assured...

camisa:
Just downgraded from windows 10... not coming back until full compatibility assured...

You can use virtual box for cases like that (using lower version of windows in windows 10) and then you can use mt in virtual box (it is free : https://www.virtualbox.org/

Emulating Windows in Windows is slow and no real option (logically it makes sense for testing purpose only). Search for 'windows dualboot', but I have no experience with that (again, why should someone do this?). I work on a Linux-Windows machine for years.

Metatrader under Ubuntu (and other Debian distros as Mint) see here. But I doubt that Renko runs with WINE. Maybe MetaQuotes solve this Win10-Renko-issue in the next months.

krelian99:
Emulating Windows in Windows is slow and no real option (logically it makes sense for testing purpose only). Search for 'windows dualboot', but I have no experience with that (again, why should someone do this?). I work on a Linux-Windows machine for years. Metatrader under Ubuntu (and other Debian distros as Mint) see here. But I doubt that Renko runs with WINE. Maybe MetaQuotes solve this Win10-Renko-issue in the next months.

It used to be so (slow) before the multicore processors

Now it takes 4-5 seconds to boot XP on a windows 8 machine (with a dedicated processor just for that virtual machine). If he uses it for mt only, it will work like a lightning

I'm on windows 10 and it's much better than windows 8 for me, all renko terminals and offline charts are working. BTW, just to let you know, I did a format and clean install of windows 8 and then an offline upgrade to windows 10 using windows media creation tool feature. (not windows update)

camisa:
Re: Windows 10 and renko here is another thing that happens: new indicators and templates copied to indicators/templates folders are not recognized when you open metatrader, only the ones previously installed when you upgraded to win10...

Still problems with windows 10?

nbtrading:
Still problems with windows 10?

There should be no problems caused by mt on windows 10 - most probably the problems are with windows security settings

Reason: