MT4 Programming Requests - page 2

Pip:
Hi Ovo,

Thank you for the offer; I am not technically inclined such as yourself and thus any help would be greatly appreciated. I do need a solution to bring over the Bid/Ask or the average price from Broker A onto the chart of Broker B. If there is a way for you to update the files provided earlier that would be great, if not; then I appreciate the intent to help.

Cheers,

Pip

Well, it is what it does, approximately, could you be more specific? Did you mean to disable the offset compensation?

Ovo:
Well, it is what it does, approximately, could you be more specific? Did you mean to disable the offset compensation?

No, I seem to be missing the needed files to run the indicators you provided; specifically, the mqh files. Therefore, am unable to use them. this prompted my request for a modified file that may not need the additional files.

Thanks,

Pip:
No, I seem to be missing the needed files to run the indicators you provided; specifically, the mqh files. Therefore, am unable to use them. this prompted my request for a modified file that may not need the additional files. Thanks,

Oh, I see. Delete the mq4, let run just the ex4. I hve been appending the mq4 only for those who are interested in the logic, but they are not intended for deployment. I should probably only print them inline next time.

Ovo:
Oh, I see. Delete the mq4, let run just the ex4. I hve been appending the mq4 only for those who are interested in the logic, but they are not intended for deployment. I should probably only print them inline next time.

Hi Ovo,

I am forever grateful to your generosity. I was able to run the indicator fine.

Now I am better position to request slight modifications.

1) Is it possible to change the display of the bid/ask from a small line to a horizontal line each that shows the price on the price scale?

2) If I wanted to import price from two different brokers to two other brokers, would this be possible by changing the pipe name and make them match in the server and the receiver instances? if not, can the indicators be modified to allow for that?

Thanks,

Pip:
Hi Ovo,

I am forever grateful to your generosity. I was able to run the indicator fine.

Now I am better position to request slight modifications.

1) Is it possible to change the display of the bid/ask from a small line to a horizontal line each that shows the price on the price scale?

2) If I wanted to import price from two different brokers to two other brokers, would this be possible by changing the pipe name and make them match in the server and the receiver instances? if not, can the indicators be modified to allow for that?

Thanks,

1. It is possible, but the two price labels would interfere on the scale, as they are too close. If you do not care I would change it.

2. The multiple pipes would work, I just need to set unique object (lines) identifiers. But again, they would be close to each other.

Ovo:
1. It is possible, but the two price labels would interfere on the scale, as they are too close. If you do not care I would change it. 2. The multiple pipes would work, I just need to set unique object (lines) identifiers. But again, they would be close to each other.

As far as point 1 is concerned, the gap between the lines would be dictated by the spread offered by the broker we are importing prices from, correct? if that is the case, then this should be no problem

As for point 2, the key here is to be able to use multiple instances of the indicator on multiple charts from the source broker and be able to match it to multiple instances on the receiving broker. The gap isn't a concern given point 1

Ovo:
1. It is possible, but the two price labels would interfere on the scale, as they are too close. If you do not care I would change it. 2. The multiple pipes would work, I just need to set unique object (lines) identifiers. But again, they would be close to each other.

Hi Ovo,

Do you think you will be able to implement the requested updates? if not, no harm, just let me know.

Cheers,

Pip

Somehow I got to a broker that was significantly delayed with charts ("a true STP provider"), so I took up this indicator from ashes and updated the files with option to remove the auto-offset.

pipereceiver.ex4

(The other file has not changed)

Files:

hi dear friends

would you please make an histogram indicator with below specifications :

1- value of each bar is equal to difference of today and yesterday adx (value = today adx - yesterday adx )( buil in meta trader adx indicator )

2- blue bar for positive value and red bar for negative value

3- adjustable period of adx

4- adjustable time frame (mtf )

5- non repaint

6- adjustable alarm (for example pop up or arrow for bars bigger than 5 )

thanks a lot in advance

amiralias:
hi dear friends

would you please make an histogram indicator with below specifications :

1- value of each bar is equal to difference of today and yesterday adx (value = today adx - yesterday adx )( buil in meta trader adx indicator )

2- blue bar for positive value and red bar for negative value

3- adjustable period of adx

4- adjustable time frame (mtf )

5- non repaint

6- adjustable alarm (for example pop up or arrow for bars bigger than 5 )

thanks a lot in advance

ADX does not repaint. Why should indicator based on ADX repaint?

Reason: