Sending orders to metatrader via excel

Hi guys,

I have an excel spreadsheet which produces a number. number 1 means buy and number 2 means sell. number 0 means idle. how can i translate this into an order for metatrader?

thanks

freak11:
Hi guys,

I have an excel spreadsheet which produces a number. number 1 means buy and number 2 means sell. number 0 means idle. how can i translate this into an order for metatrader?

thanks

You can not control orders from excel using some command (you actually can not control anything in metatrader from excel - there us no API that could be used for that - one of the metatrader paranoias )

ah8471:

Hi guys,

thanks

It's easier to ask a freelancer to program your Excel sheet program in MQL5 ...

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Hi

If you don’t know how to code, It would be easier to find a freelancer who will make a program for you with the rules you want. It’s not very complicated, but require some skills to manage the file import data and then convert the data to signals managed by the EA.

You need to first import the data from excel (File Open in proper mode, read lines and find the “latest” signals which is still valid) – and then convert the value to the signal [this part is the easiest one: if(signal==”1”) open buy(); else if(signal==2) open sell(); ]

Here you need to manage also what would happen later: when trade is opened already, I assume the signals from excel do not disappear so EA must somehow know to not open this signal again.

Best Regards

Reason: