Question about Price Type

Hi community. As most of you may know changing the price of an indicator to open will prevent it from repainting/updating but it also adds lag which makes it less effective.

My question is: What price type other than "open" produces the least amount of repainting/updating?

Is it close, high, low, median, typical price, or weighted close?

I'll be looking forward to your discussion, thanks!

Edit: Sorry if this is thread is in the wrong sub-forum!

Jaquanburton:
Hi community. As most of you may know changing the price of an indicator to open will prevent it from repainting/updating but it also adds lag which makes it less effective.

My question is: What price type other than "open" produces the least amount of repainting/updating?

Is it close, high, low, median, typical price, or weighted close?

I'll be looking forward to your discussion, thanks!

Edit: Sorry if this is thread is in the wrong sub-forum!

High in a down trend, low in the up trend

But they all update as they should

mladen:
High in a down trend, low in the up trend But they all update as they should

Thanks mladen. It's funny because right before you posted I was thinking that but you're the best man, RESPECT.

There is no official stochastic that uses only open price. Someone knows one?

Indicator based on open price, hmmm.. thats cool. Out of the box idea!

nbtrading:
There is no official stochastic that uses only open price. Someone knows one?

Actually, if the way of how metatrader calculates stochastic is known (since it calculates it differently that some other platforms) it is quite easy to make it use any price.

Here is one that can use any price (including the low/high price - in cases when close/close and low/high are used it is exactly the same as the built in stochastic) : stochastic_of_any_price.mq4

On the example that is a stochastic of open price (I know at least one man that will tell "finally a stochastic that does not repaint" ). It is not about repainting though - stochastic does not repaint, but if you use open/open for calculation, current bars value will not change

Reason: