Zig dan zag EA and Triple zig zag EA

triple_zigzag_ea.mq4zig_dan_zag_danu_ultimate_investment_long_term.mq4

I try these 2 EAs.

Triple zig zag : I get the message : "Zigzag ,Backstep cannot be equal or greater to depth" in journal tab and in expert tab, continually custom indicator Zigzag loaded successfully and removed (???)

Zig dan Zag : The EA run well in strategy backtest, but not any trade in demo. No error message.

Is there an explanation ?

Thanks in advance.

Jo

Jovager:
triple_zigzag_ea.mq4zig_dan_zag_danu_ultimate_investment_long_term.mq4

I try these 2 EAs.

Triple zig zag : I get the message : "Zigzag ,Backstep cannot be equal or greater to depth" in journal tab and in expert tab, continually custom indicator Zigzag loaded successfully and removed (???)

Zig dan Zag : The EA run well in strategy backtest, but not any trade in demo. No error message.

Is there an explanation ?

Thanks in advance.

Jo

About Triple zig zag : with new metatrader 4 ZigZag indicator that is shipped does not allow that the backstep is equal or greater than depth (in previous builds, build 509 for example) it was allowing it and that is why now you are getting that error and you were not getting it before

Why did they do that? God only knows since there was no reason whatsoever for that and the old ZigZag was working just fine without those limitations. Attaching the original zigzag that worked fine for so many years (it will work in new metatrader 4 too without any change in the code). You can rename it to ZigZag and your EA should work with it without changes

Files:

Thousand thanks, Mladen.

Zig dann Zag works now.

But no change in Triple Zigzag. Is there something to do ?

Thaks again.

Jo

Jovager:
Thousand thanks, Mladen.

Zig dann Zag works now.

But no change in Triple Zigzag. Is there something to do ?

Thaks again.

Jo

Do you get any error message in the experts or journal tab of the terminal?

In journal tab, always loaded successfully , then removed.

In experts tab always custom indicator loaded successfully, Backstep cannot be greater or equal to depth,initialization failed(1),removed.

Jovager:
In journal tab, always loaded successfully , then removed. In experts tab always custom indicator loaded successfully, Backstep cannot be greater or equal to depth,initialization failed(1),removed.

Just a very quick visual test with the triplle ZigZag EA using the "original" ZigZag for test (just rename the one from previous post or use this one attached here - that is the same just the name is changed). I have made no changes in the EA (none)

Files:
zigzag.gif  76 kb
zigzag.mq4  7 kb

mladen:
Just a very quick visual test with the triplle ZigZag EA using the "original" ZigZag for test (just rename the one from previous post or use this one attached here - that is the same just the name is changed). I have made no changes in the EA (none)

Here is some results with default EA parameters:

a. testing period 2013-04-01 to 2014-04-01

b. EA lasted about 2 months before hitting $0, so roughly 2013-06-01

c. EURUSD, M5, Spread 0.2, Commission $5.5, Leverage 500:1

d. Dukascopy data is thin with ticks, this is on more dense data

I confirm EA works but needs opting.

Files:
capture.jpg  150 kb

As you can see, no change.

Files:
jovager_2.jpg  557 kb
jovager1.jpg  569 kb

Jovager:
As you can see, no change.

Did you replace and compile the indicator from some posts ago (the ZigZag indicator)

That message is coming from the new ZigZag (the one that comes with new metatrader 4) and it seems that it was not replaced

It works for me (on demo, I did not test it on live)

Reason: