Backtesting with Renko - page 2

checkin:
???????????????? And I closed for +100 on EURUSD. Come on. Do you guys really thunk that this is a game? It takes years to learn to trade - and it takes only a second to post nonsense. Get serious - put your money where your words are. And what does it have with the thread itself?

The usual

next will be a picture of a wonder system

Ovo:
If you mean aligning open to close, here you go. offlinetesthelperforrenko.ex4

Hello!

Recently I programmed my first expert advisor for strategically renko graphics. but I have no idea how to make a backtest of renko charts.

about 4 months I searched how to backtest the renko charts but can not find anything on how to do so for the current version of metatrader 4 ago.

I DOWNLOAD OfflinetestHelperforRenko your script but I have no idea how to use it. could you help me with instructions to backtest the renko charts?

thanks for your time and contributions!

Excuse me for my bad Ingles-

@ekud87

It is a script, it belongs to File->OpenDataFolder, then /MQL4/Scrpts. Drop it to the offline chart and follow instructions. It creates a mirror M1 chart in a fictive broker environment, nothing more.

Ovo:
@ekud87 It is a script, it belongs to File->OpenDataFolder, then /MQL4/Scrpts. Drop it to the offline chart and follow instructions. It creates a mirror M1 chart in a fictive broker environment, nothing more.

hello ovo!

thank you very much for your answer !.

ok, the script is well installed in my data folder metatrader

I follow your instructions, but an error box appears.

says:

You are in the test account, login to another one - wrong account.

I'm forgetting something?

sorry for my English.

ekud87:
hello ovo!

thank you very much for your answer !.

ok, the script is well installed in my data folder metatrader

I follow your instructions, but an error box appears.

says:

You are in the test account, login to another one - wrong account.

I'm forgetting something?

sorry for my English.

Yes, you have to launch it from the original chart, not from the one you land on finally (the disconnected broker). I.e. after the test you have to log in back to your original broker account.

Ovo:
If you mean aligning open to close, here you go. offlinetesthelperforrenko.ex4

Hello Ovo ,

Did you have update version for this script ?

I have test it and i get a message "Unsupported legacy hst version. Use b509-compatible script" .

stevenpun:
Hello Ovo ,

Did you have update version for this script ?

I have test it and i get a message "Unsupported legacy hst version. Use b509-compatible script" .

Hello stevenpun, the hst format changed since the build 524. If you like to move the offline chart to the Strategy Tester, it must be saved in that new format. Though the 509-compatible chart file can be displayed, it cannot be used with this script.

Hi everyone,

New to forex tsd and as I cannot start a new post (new members are not aloud) on this question I have I figured I would ask it here and hope to get a response.

I have a multi time frame expert advisor that I made that takes signals from three different time frames; m1, m5, and m15.

My question is whether or not metatraders strategy tester will be able to access all three time frames when I run it through the strategy tester.

I have read online both answers, yes it will work and no it won't. Looking for knowledgeable answers with past experience please!

- ForexMM

forexmm:
Hi everyone,

New to forex tsd and as I cannot start a new post (new members are not aloud) on this question I have I figured I would ask it here and hope to get a response.

I have a multi time frame expert advisor that I made that takes signals from three different time frames; m1, m5, and m15.

My question is whether or not metatraders strategy tester will be able to access all three time frames when I run it through the strategy tester.

I have read online both answers, yes it will work and no it won't. Looking for knowledgeable answers with past experience please!

- ForexMM

You can, but it if usually considered as a bad practice

With new metatrader nothing is sure

Reason: