Compile resets all Input of all running EAs to default

Hi!!

I have just updated my MT4 to the Build610.

Everytime i press the Compile button all the Inputs Variables of all the running EAs switch back to the default value.

Since I compile my sourcecodes even after small changes to detect errors very early, this is very annoying because I want my EAs to run properly in the same time, with correct inputs. Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks to everyone!

Manuel Vene:
Hi!!

I have just updated my MT4 to the Build610.

Everytime i press the Compile button all the Inputs Variables of all the running EAs switch back to the default value.

This is very annoying, is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks to everyone!

Manuel VEne, one way is change the settings you prefer in metaeditor and either recompile the original or change the name and recompile.

I tried to, but I can't find the related options...

recompile the original or change the name and recompile

Can you be more clear please?

Hi Manuel,

If you are talking about ALL (different) EA's being reset by compiling one EA... That's a big problem that I haven't run across yet and can't offer a solution..

However I have a similar experience with the "same EA" running on multiple charts with different magic numbers...and they do all reset to the same number when I compile my EA...

Here is my solution around that problem...

If I am running active demos with a specific EA on multiple charts...and I am also testing it.

I "Save As" a test version and work with that TEST version so I can compile it with no worries about resetting the values of my working demo EA...

When I have verified the changes are good in my TEST version...

Then I go back and update my ORG version with the new changes...

Much easier than resetting all my values on my active demos...!

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Seems that it depends on the build.

Also when I compile, it closes all the opened sub-folders in the indicators list and if you are using sub-folder for storing indicators, scripts or eas it seems to be recompiling them on occasions when they do not have to be recompiled at all. They are still very far from a serious trading platform

You can not do anything but wait till they decide to make the compiling process as it should be (if they can, of course). That is just one of many nonsenses that new metatrader 4 does

Made some tests with the attached test EA in build 616 and it seems that they have solved the issue in it (at least I haven't noticed any parameters resetting on compilation in build 616). So, it is all up to waiting that your broker updates to build 616. Also, please test the attached ea too (to see if it changes parameters to default values when you compile anything - just in case that we know if it happens with this example EA too)

PS: the EA does not do anything (no trading nor anything similar). It is just made to test what happens with parameters when code compilation takes place

It resets parameters on my build 610 when I test the compiler events ea

Reason: