The AltrTrend_Signal indicator

Are you sure the indicator would have made these results? I'm asking because sometimes an indicator gives the signal in the middle or near the end of a bar.

Do you know these were the exact enty levels?

Eric

eric79:
Are you sure the indicator would have made these results? I'm asking because sometimes an indicator gives the signal in the middle or near the end of a bar.

Do you know these were the exact enty levels?

Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry but I can't tell you more about this indicator. But I think it is interesting enough to do some experiments yourself. Let me know what you discovered!

The only way that you can use signals like that is if they are given at the close of the bar. If the indicator gives a signal before close of bar, you can't trust it, 'cuz you don't know where price will be at the close of the bar.

Given that, if you take all of your signals at bar close, most of those are losing positions. That doesn't mean that you have a negative expectancy system, although most "systems" like this do, it just means that it probably isn't as good as you orgianally thought. See the pic I've attached. The red line indicates losing trades. The green line indicates winning trades.

One more thing to add... If those signals are based off of the close of the Previous bar, and you get the signals at the Open of the singal bar, then you may have something good. Again, though, most don't work that way.

Keris

Files:

haubentaucher:
Another possibility

Hi Haubentaucher!

I see the same red and green dots. Is it the indicator I mentioned in my previous post? Can you tell me more about your chart?

keris2112:
The only way that you can use signals like that is if they are given at the close of the bar. If the indicator gives a signal before close of bar, you can't trust it, 'cuz you don't know where price will be at the close of the bar.

Given that, if you take all of your signals at bar close, most of those are losing positions. That doesn't mean that you have a negative expectancy system, although most "systems" like this do, it just means that it probably isn't as good as you orgianally thought. See the pic I've attached. The red line indicates losing trades. The green line indicates winning trades.

One more thing to add... If those signals are based off of the close of the Previous bar, and you get the signals at the Open of the singal bar, then you may have something good. Again, though, most don't work that way.

Keris

Hi Keris,

Thanks for your contribution! Still I believe it would be interesting if there was an EA to test this. Someone?

Repaints past bars

I just checked the AltrTrend_Signal_v2_2 indicator on a M5 chart. It repaints past bars, so it's basically useless. There's no way to do any type of backtest, whether automated or manually. An EA would not have given you the signals that you see on your chart right now, cuz the dots are in different places.

In the pic, where the green and red arrow are at, there used to be dots. Those dots were on closed bars, too, so it's not like it was the current bar and the signal kept changing. It actually repaints the past, same as zigzag and others.

Keris

Files:
altrtrend.gif  9 kb

Hi,

This indicator is similar to my indicators PriceChannel_Stop_v1 & v6, therefore and experts will be very alike. I have began write EA for PriceChannel_Stops.

Wait a few days please.

Igor.

[This indicator is similar to my indicators PriceChannel_Stop_v1 & v6, therefore and experts will be very alike. I have began write EA for PriceChannel_Stops.

Wait a few days please.

Igor./QUOTE]

hi

i subscribed to your group... but my registration is still pending....

any new about price channel expert?

Hendrick:
Hi Haubentaucher! I see the same red and green dots. Is it the indicator I mentioned in my previous post? Can you tell me more about your chart?

Hello Hendrick,

the dots are the same. Additional you can see the Bollinger Bands Stop and Juice Level indicator.

You can trade for example during Euro Session and US Session if

BB Stops are green and dot is green.

Juice has to be 0.0004 or more.

One way could be to trade only one time per session Long or Short(without reentry).

The key is, I think so ,Juice Level together with a good stop-and moneymonegement.I can`t say what is better : trailingstop, stepstops, profitprotecting and trailingstop or time stop.

But I tink it`s worth to test it and to built an EA or in the first step an Alarm.

I hope I could explain a little bit with my 20 years old school English.

haubentaucher

Reason: